"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
DC Grandma

Talking A women scorned...

<DIV><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases. On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things. On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay. When she had finished, she went into each and every room and stuffed half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar, into the hollow of all of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left. When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days.

Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything:cleaning, mopping, and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam cleaned,air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters,during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting. Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit. Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move. A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually, and even the local Realtors refused to return their calls. Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the? rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back. Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within the hour his lawyers delivered the paperwork. A week later the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home. including the curtain rods.

I JUST LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS, DON'T YOU??

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh boy Marge, talk about PAY BACK!!!! good one.

kadesma

Old 04-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Love it !!!! lol
Old 04-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
Master Chef

What an evil woman!! Gives me ideas!! LOL I love it!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Smart woman!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Master Chef

Okay, I always new women were evil. Better watch out brothering.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

In some ways, it would be so nice to believe this is a true story.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to candimarie1976
That was GREAT!! Have to remember that one! LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Wow. Some women are just evil. No wonder why he left her.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
Senior Cook

It's not just women who do that. A while back at the hospital I work at, the Radiologist group lost their contract and left. One of the radiologists took exception to it; and with the help of his wife and one of the technologist's he was friends with, took a lot of shrimp and crab remains and stuck them in every available air vent they could find and get into in the radiology dept. and stuck them everywhere. Everybody could smell it but couldn't figure out where it was coming from until someone suggested checking out the air vents, and sure enough that's what they found. It took them about 2 weeks to find the stuff, and a lot (and I do mean a lot) of time getting rid of the odor. It was not a pleasant time for the new radiology group that took over.