"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I am lucky enough to have several.

My FIL, SIL, and Great-gramma IL (no chat word for that!) all died within 5 months of each other in '03.

SIL was my best friend.... she got DH and I to realize we were to be together.

they blow wind at us and cry when they need to.

I could go on
How bout Great GIL? LOL.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
Master Chef

Hmmm.... Angels.... dunno. The last four years or so have pretty much shaken my faith down to the point that unless I someday see one....
IE I am pretending I am from Missouri... LOL.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I can't even comment on this. I am one that needed help right now and didn't know how to ask or recieve. Thank you. Thank you all you ANGELS.
(you have no idea)
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
Head Chef

Not sure if I believe in angels. Wish I did. I would fill my home with them. I have a similar problem w a neighbor who has given me grief from the day I bought my home - for approx 7 years - 24/7. She's an elderly woman - very nosey. I'm quiet & keep to myself. The harassment went on every day - yelling in my windows, calling me names, making false accusations, sticking notes under my door, etc. Can't go into it all here. She moved out a few years ago, (broke the CC&R's & accrued fines she did not want to pay). Our Board had an attorney, & she had her own. The battle seemed to go on for quite some time.

She still comes into the bldg to visit her friends(?). One day I heard a pound on my front door & each of my front windows. My heart jumped. I opened the door & she stood 2 doors down cursing at me. When I went to my mailbox, & she was entering the bldg, she would plant herself behind me, or take the elevator & stand in front of my front door. Not long ago, I went to my car & saw gum or candy over the passenger side lock. I asked if there were any kids in the bldg, or if anyone had seen anything. No to both.

This is one of the major reasons I want to sell. The Board does not help, & neither do the police. BTW, I tried the kindness act w heer long aago. That didn't work either. There are just certain people that are not playing w a full deck. I wish I could find a solution, as the whole ordeal has really worn me down. Thanks for listening. Good luck w your neighbors.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
Not sure if I believe in angels. Wish I did. I would fill my home with them. I have a similar problem w a neighbor who has given me grief from the day I bought my home - for approx 7 years - 24/7. She's an elderly woman - very nosey. I'm quiet & keep to myself. The harassment went on every day - yelling in my windows, calling me names, making false accusations, sticking notes under my door, etc. Can't go into it all here. She moved out a few years ago, (broke the CC&R's & accrued fines she did not want to pay). Our Board had an attorney, & she had her own. The battle seemed to go on for quite some time.

She still comes into the bldg to visit her friends(?). One day I heard a pound on my front door & each of my front windows. My heart jumped. I opened the door & she stood 2 doors down cursing at me. When I went to my mailbox, & she was entering the bldg, she would plant herself behind me, or take the elevator & stand in front of my front door. Not long ago, I went to my car & saw gum or candy over the passenger side lock. I asked if there were any kids in the bldg, or if anyone had seen anything. No to both.

This is one of the major reasons I want to sell. The Board does not help, & neither do the police. BTW, I tried the kindness act w heer long aago. That didn't work either. There are just certain people that are not playing w a full deck. I wish I could find a solution, as the whole ordeal has really worn me down. Thanks for listening. Good luck w your neighbors.
We had the same problem with the elderly couple next door, and no the police wouldn't do anything about it even after he tried to run DW over with a lawnmower. We kept getting the 'we should make allowances for them as they are elderly' speech. They knew it, which is why the felt so comfortable doing it without fear of consequences. We finally got a lawyer who went and talked with the ADAs office. They gave us a name and number to call for when we had to call the police on them the next time he was drunk in public and causing a scene. They also told us to let the police know we were working with the ADA's office and that we would be required to get their name and badge number.
The next time the police came out, we did that. The officer went from 'oh I don't want to bother with it' to 'your under arrest for disorderly conduct and public intoxication'.
Amazing what some name dropping will do to turn things around. Seems like unless you push them, they just don't want to get involved. If I were you I would get a couple of inexpensive night lens video cameras as well as a portable, and whenever you see here again start rolling film. Five bucks says she doesn't stop just cause you got a camera, but boy will she be surprised when you put it all together and sue her in civil court... Not to mention if you catch her doing something illegal.
Worst case scenario you catch her having a nasty fit and send it into the local news channel.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
Head Chef

I live in a senior citizen housing complex. All of the residents have to be horribly handicapped or older than 55 yrs. That being said some of our older residents have a great many pains and aches and some of them are just so in pain they have nothing good to say to any body.. Since I have nothing to do I sit with some of them and just talk to them and I am pleasantly surprised to find under all of the gruff exterior there is a heart just wanting to talk to a understanding soul so that's has been my mission for the last few months and it has been personally very rewarding. I was a Hospice volunteer for 3 1/2 yrs. in Colorado and have been trained to talk to people who are under stress
and feel out of the loop. As a result of my talking I have made some very nice friends
who I first thought was hopeless,
Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Telephone

I want to tell you I found out that my neighbor's son has job with communication business that he can listen in on my telephone calls everyday. I have had to hire private investigator in order to prosecute him and his mother.

after having him listen to phone calls for all this time I realized the problem only happened when he was away from home. I had bothered AT&T who were at loss as to what to tell me I should do. I changed phone companies several times, used cell phone, contacted police and many others regarding this problem No one believed me.

I have to call my disabled brother daily as no one in family has time. He has to live alone and needs help and contact. He got out of nursing home three years ago and is trying to remain as independent as he can. However, this woman's son who listens everyday except on days off does not let us talk at times, makes loud dial tone so we can't talk, disconnected us, only a possessed kid would do these kind of things. What kind of business would allow him to do this? When I asked the stepfather where the son works he says I don't know. The mother has told me she doesn't have to tell me and is calling her attorney about me. What more proof do I need if they won't tell me where he works? I have reason to believe he works for a relative and has freedom to play while he is at work. This is truly a sin and against the constitution.

I plan on prosecuting when the investigator gets the results. This is very costly but my mental health is being questioned here. My brother is not young person and I am not really considered strong mentally who is? I think it is just outright cruel to do this to my brother in his condition. It does bother him that I know these people and they play these games.

I apologize for being so long but if you were in my place wouldn't you ask for help from an angel who is stronger than all of us? This is so unnecessary and as I said the police have told me in the past to try to ignore them as they could 'see' what they were attempting to do. When people have everything, they want to entertain themselves by making others miserable.

What would you do if you were in my place? How can I treat someone like this with any kind of respect or much less a neighbor?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #18
Head Chef

Amy am sorry to hear about your trouble. One possibility is to install a closed circuit TV type of device with a recorder. It is not cheap, but not all that expensive considering the cost of moving.

Once you have several episodes on tape, or whatever they store the data on these days, you will have proof for the police. If they ignore you then, which I doubt they will, get an attorney.

I know it stinks but your peace of mind is worth it.

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #19
Head Chef

Angels can be among the passed or the living. If you doubt, take a look at your friends and family. They are there when you need them, and you are also an angel for being there when they need you. Angels are meant to help, protect, and love. There are many different kinds. :)
Old 05-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #20
Master Chef

I will simply say "YES", I do believe in angels. And I do believe that there are demons as well.