"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The only ziplock bags at work are Bio-hazard bags. I use them when I open a package of cheese.

I just got my self a stainless steel Bento lunch box. I can't wait to use it.

Zojirushi I got it at ThinkGeek.com, they have them on sale.
Very cool, PF!! I have lunch bag envy

Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
Very cool, PF!! I have lunch bag envy
It functions as promised, fantastic for portion control. Enough goodies for me to get through a 12 hour shift.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just don't leave it where the thieves might get at it. It might just be too tempting.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Just don't leave it where the thieves might get at it. It might just be too tempting.
When I was teaching I was sorely tempted to buy something I found in a catalog once. (If you have a queasy stomach you might not want to finish this!). They were vomit flavored jelly beans. I thought about putting them in a candy dish on my desk, and not saying anything. If anyone decided to help themselves (uninvited) he or she would have had quite a shock.

Barbara
Old 12-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
It doesn't leave my office! Well, until I take it home.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
When I was teaching I was sorely tempted to buy something I found in a catalog once. (If you have a queasy stomach you might not want to finish this!). They were vomit flavored jelly beans. I thought about putting them in a candy dish on my desk, and not saying anything. If anyone decided to help themselves (uninvited) he or she would have had quite a shock.

Barbara
I keep chocolate in a cookie jar and have invited everyone to have a piece. I've only had to tell one person, so far, that they are a treat for coming and visiting me, not lunch!

I started out with Dove chocolates, because they were on sale, and later switched to Hershey's. While I was sitting there, one of the therapists came in and dumped out my chocolates and was searching through them. I asked her what she was looking for, she said the caramel filled Dove and I told her they were all gone. She said something (not nice) about the cheap person who filled it with Hershey's...I told her I was the person who kept the jar filled...haven't seen her in there since.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I keep chocolate in a cookie jar and have invited everyone to have a piece. I've only had to tell one person, so far, that they are a treat for coming and visiting me, not lunch!

I started out with Dove chocolates, because they were on sale, and later switched to Hershey's. While I was sitting there, one of the therapists came in and dumped out my chocolates and was searching through them. I asked her what she was looking for, she said the caramel filled Dove and I told her they were all gone. She said something (not nice) about the cheap person who filled it with Hershey's...I told her I was the person who kept the jar filled...haven't seen her in there since.
Oh my gosh! We were just talking the other day about how so many people these days have such a feeling of entitlement. Sheesh!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Oh my gosh! We were just talking the other day about how so many people these days have such a feeling of entitlement. Sheesh!
I enjoy handing out treats to my co-workers...but if they complain or don't even say, "Hi!," the treats disappear.