Asking for some prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will definately keep her in our prayers.

img_283446_0_828382c27b63bff067e633a198218f00.gif

~ Raven ~

VickiQ said:
<<I don't believe in luck, so I won't wish it upon her. Instead, I pray that she will have the strength and courage to battle both the anorexia, and the societal pressures, real or imagined, that are the root cause of this behavior.>>

(((Goodweed))) I'm not much of a believer in luck either .I believe we all have a journey here that we chose to travel but, sometimes we get off course or life throws us a curve and we have to choose a path to follow- sometimes it's the wrong path- after the death of my oldest son almost 7 years ago- Kiersten chose to control or deal with the situation by starving herself- it has taken this long for her to decide to get choose a less destructive path. As much as I have hate seeing her suffer these past 7 years - it ultimately had to be her choice to deal with this situation in not such a destructive manner.I so much appreciate your wishes of courage and strength to get the proper treatment for a more positive journey.Thnak you so much for your kind words. Love and energy, Vicki

In 1994 I too lost my brother & best friend. I won't go into details about how he died but it was sudden and tragic. It took me so many years to finally accept his death. I blamed myself many a times and there was no reason too its just that I was left behind and he (my fathers only son) was gone. He was the first person close to me that died and it was one of the worst experiences in my life. The first 2 years were horrific.......in fact, I should of seeked professional help and its a miracle I'm hear today. It was my dear close friends and the good Lord that got me through it. As years went by thoughts of his death didn't consume my everyday. It took me a good 5 years to where finally, days turned into weeks. I still think of him all the time but only of the good times. In fact, when I do something stupid I always say, "You probably got a kick out of that one didn't you".....and I can hear him laugh in my head. I am able to push that horrible night out of my thoughts now by asking God to take the negative thoughts away.

I shared this with you so that maybe she too felt the same thing as I did. It may give you some insight. It sounds like she may be ready to finally accept his death and get on with her own life. Ultimately, the choice to succeed is all up to her but with you and your families love/support she'll get through this. I'll def. continue to pray for her and your family. I wish her peace within herself, the strength to overcome this struggle in life and the wisdom to turn to God, family and friends to help her get through this.

(((Sizz)))Your words mean alot. Jymm was her hero-sometimes I think she's still stuck in a 12 year old frame of mind in her grief but, that is why she has been in counseling since his death- but, as you said she probably wasn't ready to let it go.Thank you so much for sharing SO much of yourself here.Kiersten is now on her way to the treatment center- her Dad is bringing her at her request-she said it would be to hard for her to say good-bye to me there.(((Sizz)))May you always continue to feel your brother's presenceand know that he is always with you.Love and energy, Vicki

Sizz, it must have taken some courage to share such a personal story, but it happens often that it takes someone who had to go through the similar experience personally to truly relate. I am glad that you had the strength to pull through, and became the better person for it. Your brother must be proud of you somewhere up there.

And Vicki, keep on reminding Kiersten that Jym would be very sad to see her in this state, and it would make him so happy and proud if she can regain her healthy self. It takes a person with positive, big heart to be involved in volunteer work with kids in need like she does, and now it is time to put that wonderful heart a bit more into herself, too. I will be thinking of you guys, keep your chin up and keep smiling!! Love and Energy right back to you!!

Thanks Vicki and Urm! Sometimes I think we have to open up in order to help a fellow human being in times of hardship. If my experience and words can help a person then by all means its worth sharing. Please keep us posted Vicki. I'm not sure if Kiersten knows you've shared this with all of us......but if she does and its ok I'd love for you to PM me an address where I can send her a little card for encouragement/strength to let her know that her circle of support extends farther than she ever imagined.

All I can see all day is the tears in my daughter's BIG eyes when I hugged her good-bye-I just wanted to take her and run away and find someplace fresh and new for her-if it were only that easy -I know the disease would only follow her.
I wanted to do something special for all of you wonderful people her who have offered up prayers and positive energy for us.The only thing I could think of was to give everyone karma but, lo and behold half way through page too I was informed that I had given out enough karma for one day!!
I know in my heart that this world is a much better place for having all of you in it.Much love and energy to you all, Vicki

Vicki, don't worry about us - keep your focus on your daughter. Remember the light at the end of this dark, ugly tunnel - she is doing the right thing to get better. Hugs to you my friend.

Here's Kiersten a year ago when she graduated high school

Attachments

• CD1 048.jpg
    CD1 048.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 169
Wow! She is a beautiful girl. Thanks for sharing a picture of her. Just know that you and your family have alot of prayers coming your way. What a lovely daughter - and she is blessed to have a great mom.

Just spoke to Kiersten- she sounds ok-she's sad.She was a little surprized her blow dryer was confiscated.She said she is bored and wants me to bring her a coloring book and colored pencils on Sunday when we visit her I asked her why a coloring book and not a sketch pad (she likes to draw)and she said she doesn't want anyone reading anything into her drawings that isn't there.Interesting huh?

Vicki,
forget about doing anything for us, it's our privledge that you cared and trusted us enough to ask for our prayers. I imagine everyone here is wishing that there was more we could do. You take care of you and your family and beautiful kiersten and let us bow our heads and pray for all of you. She has taken a big brave giant step, let's keep her going forward. Many hugs and prayers to all of you.

kadesma

Just an update on Kiersten...
We went to see her yesterday for both of the visiting hour sessions- I thank God that she is only a half hour away.It breaks my heart seeing her there but, she is determined to finish this program- that's as of yesterday- she really hasn't started any intense therapy yet as she was admitted on the weekend.She keeps saying I have too much I want to do with my life and I'm tired of this disease controlling it.I can tell when I look in her big eyes that she means it- the conviction is there. She looks so tiny and frail but, there is a fire in her words I hope she keeps going.
Life is so weird,this morning at 6 am Jimmy and I were dropping Dennis and his girlfriend Laurie off at Newark airport. They are headed for Jamaica- this is Dennis' graduation present to Laurie and has been a year in the planning.I felt so happy for them- One minute I'm in tears because my baby girl is fighting a battle to get her life together and the next I'm smiling because my son seems to have his life together.On top of being weird-life is exhausting!!!Thanks for your continued support and prayers. Love and energy, Vicki

Vicki, you're being a wonderful, supportive mom. You're doing great! And so's Kiersten--what a strong girl to want to give this a try. I hope both of you have a good week!

She's going to beat this Vicki.........she has the will now. Its not going to be easy for her but she's finding the strength within herself.....her words are proof. I'll continue to pray for her and your family.

She will need all the strength she can gather up for the start of the full therapy... I am trying to send out my share of "force" in her way...

Back
Top Bottom