"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Executive Chef

BARGAINS--love 'em!

i searched, but couldn't find, a thread devoted to 'bargains'. let's see if this flies.... dc members quite frequently pass on information about a variety of special sale items and sites, but these are so often soon buried and lost....

here's my tip for the day: anyone looking to buy an inexpensive slow cooker should check out the hamilton beach, 4 quart, steel oval cooker, that sears currently has on sale for $9.99. i see that amazon has a 4 star rating for the model, but i have no direct info re this product....

if you have recently seen or heard of an awesome bargain buy, how about sharing it with your dc family...just post the specifics here, on our new 'message board' and let's see what happens....

Old 10-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i searched, but couldn't find, a thread devoted to 'bargains'. let's see if this flies.... dc members quite frequently pass on information about a variety of special sale items and sites, but these are so often soon buried and lost....

here's my tip for the day: anyone looking to buy an inexpensive slow cooker should check out the hamilton beach, 4 quart, steel oval cooker, that sears currently has on sale for $9.99. i see that amazon has a 4 star rating for the model, but i have no direct info re this product....

if you have recently seen or heard of an awesome bargain buy, how about sharing it with your dc family...just post the specifics here, on our new 'message board' and let's see what happens....
I'm quite satisfied with my Hamilton Beach slow cooker!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Bj's Warehouse Club has Domino pure cane sugar $3.99 for a 10 pound bag (resealable plastic bag), this is quite a good deal for pure cane sugar.

Their store brand butter is $1.95 per pound (4 individual pounds per package). I can vouch for this product, I've used a lot of it.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Good idea for a thread V - I'm sure many will benefit from the information - especially with the holidays coming up.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
Executive Chef

walmart is getting in on the action with hamilton beach slow cookers! their sale is for the HB 5 quart, oval slow cooker for just $16.88, in your choice of four colors.

you can get solomon northrup's book, '12 years a slave' (in kindle form) for just $.99 at amazon.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Bj's Warehouse Club has Domino pure cane sugar $3.99 for a 10 pound bag (resealable plastic bag), this is quite a good deal for pure cane sugar.

Their store brand butter is $1.95 per pound (4 individual pounds per package). I can vouch for this product, I've used a lot of it.
$1.95 PER POUND!!!!! Seriously. I will have a talk with my store manager. $3.99/lb. here. Grrr.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
Executive Chef

amazon has a good price on a waring 4 slice toaster oven, $27. if you don't have amazon 'prime', you need to spend an additional eight dollars in order to qualify for free shipping. the oven has a brushed steel finish with black top and housing. it has consistently high ratings in customer reviews. the few complaints tended to be about the oven's small size.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Executive Chef

how about a bella belgian waffle maker? makes 7"dia. waffles. retails for 49.99. macy's is selling them for 19.99. sale price is good through 11-03.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Executive Chef

here is another deal for a keurig office B145 coffeemaker--$135.00 with FREE shipping and 192 assorted k cups.

Keurig OfficePro B145 Coffee Brewer w/ 192 K-Cups for $135 + free shipping
Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

ATK showed on their "Kitchen Gadgets" segment an ice cream cone maker. Only $49.00 It was a Chef's Choice. 4.5 stars at Amazon. Free shipping. Think of the fun your kids can have in the summer.