"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
You are the worlds bestest grandma!
Sorry you had a scare but thank goodness everyone is all good and happy!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
You are the worlds bestest grandma!
Sorry you had a scare but thank goodness everyone is all good and happy!
Thanks Pds,
I sure didn't feel like a very good Ma yesteday. We all survived and the little one is up and into everything today But at least it's his mommy who is chasing him today and not me

kadesma

Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #13
Everymom

HOLY COW CJ!!! I'm shaking just thinking about that! I am just like you, deal with the crisis then collapse later. Thank God everyone came out of that ordeal OK. Guardian angels for sure! Hugs to you!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
HOLY COW CJ!!! I'm shaking just thinking about that! I am just like you, deal with the crisis then collapse later. Thank God everyone came out of that ordeal OK. Guardian angels for sure! Hugs to you!
Thanks Alix,
it was awful to have to stand there and watch it happen and know you couldn't get there in time. Ethan was lucky the worst he got was a grass burn on the tip of his nose and I think the water hitting him in the face too his breath away and scared him more than his being hurt. All the same, the bird bath is gone...I wanted others to know the possible danger to small children these things pose.
cj
Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Wow... sooo glad he's alright, they should put a warning on the box or something. I think I'll stary with just watching my birds play in puddles...
Old 09-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Wow... sooo glad he's alright, they should put a warning on the box or something. I think I'll stary with just watching my birds play in puddles...
Thanks Trip,
we have several water troughs for the cattle and horses so the birds can use those just as they always have..I don't need a bird bath in the yard.
kadesma
Old 09-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #17
Head Chef

oh, kades!!!!! how scary! I'm so glad Ethan is OK...maybe when they're all teenagers you can have a birdbath again - but THEN you have to worry about them driving It never ends.....(((hug)))

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie
oh, kades!!!!! how scary! I'm so glad Ethan is OK...maybe when they're all teenagers you can have a birdbath again - but THEN you have to worry about them driving It never ends.....(((hug)))
Thanks Callie,
He is fine today, just scared yesterday, kids have no fear and they just don't realize what could happen when they do things. Ethan has been pulling what Cade did at 2 and that was to grab the edge of my counter in the kitchen, lift his feet and swing back and forth, calling me to watch Ma!! The counter doesn't give so any edge will do for a kid..Now I have the magic word to deal with "CAR" yoikes I'll never make it

kadesma
Old 09-05-2006, 02:25 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
Glad he is ok today. We have a little 2 yr old daredevil also, Charlie. DS had to put chain locks on all outside doors to keep him in. If Charlie had been first, they wouldn't have given us the girls for sure.
Thanks licia,
aren't they great at giving you white hair My oldest was the same as Charlie, we had to put chains on the doors to keep him in too. Little dickens loved to be outside if we were in and inside if we were out What is it with little boys and climbing,swinging and running round the block?

kadesma