"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #311
Master Chef

hi!
pds, the farm belongs to Franks friend and we didn't visit, because we had family dates on saturday... but it was almost as boring as I feared... I was sooo glad, Frank had his notebook with him...
I still can't understand how some people can spend their whole day in front of the TV... I have my two or three shows I watch and everything else is just dull...

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #312
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Hi mudbug--It's not so much a game as just a fun way to post. Just type Hi (or some greeting), then type your message. Then highlight your message and go up to the colors (big Capital A next to the smilie face) and turn your message white. To read others' messages, either highlight them individually or press "Ctrl" and "A" together to highlight all of them. Just like this, highlight here--> Hi Mudbug!

Barbara
got it (oops, Hi!) thanks, Barb

Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #313
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi!

Any time mudbug!

Today is our grandson Andrew's 8th birthday. I tried calling to say happy birthday, but they weren't home.

I hope everyone is having a great night!

Barbara
Old 03-16-2006, 10:25 AM   #314
Master Chef

HI!
I don't have much time today, I will meet with my friend in the city in about 1h... have to so some online banking, that's the reason I'm online..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #315
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi!

How funny! I misread your post at first Cara. You said "online banking," but my mind saw "online baking!" It is after 6:30 p.m. and I am still at work. I have to get my grades on the computer, but I'm not finished grading everything. Just taking a tiny break. Ok, now getting back to it!

Barbara
Old 03-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #316
Cook

Ah Ha!

Hi!

Thank you Mudbug & Barbara - I just learn so much around here!

Glenda
Old 03-18-2006, 12:32 AM   #317
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi!

We're glad you joined us Glenda! Tell us about yourself!

Barbara
Old 03-18-2006, 02:39 AM   #318
Master Chef

moin!
welcome, Glenda ;o))
It`s saturday morning here, Frank is still sleeping and I`m using his Notebook.. my computer doesn`t want to stay online.... :(
mut try to find out why..
I'll wake up Frank soon, then we got to the city, search for some nice place for breakfast and do some shopping ;o))
Old 03-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #319
Cook

HI FOLKS:
Sorry to be away so long. DH & I have been relocating & downsizing for the best part of the last three months and are still having to make trips back to get the old home place ready to go on the market. It's a good 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive. Buzy buzy weekend.
Thanks for the friendly welcome(s). I have really enjoyed this site. I found it while trying to figure out why my bean soup wouldn't get tender. While cleaning out the old pantry I found a lovely jar of dried bean soup mix w/ instructions & e'thing. Needlesstosay it had been there a while (probably better than 5 yrs!). Come to find out dried beans do get old!!! Anyway, thanks to some nice people willing to share their experiences - I realized no amount of boiling, simmering or magic was going to help I was able to cut my losses & go for the bologna sandwich a lot sooner.
We've been retired a couple of years now and are about to get the hang of it. Really hadn't planned on moving but the hillside was getting steeper & steeper for some reason!
Thanks again for the welcomes - hope to get to know a lot of you all a whole lot better. . . . Glenda
Old 03-25-2006, 01:21 AM   #320
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi!

Wow, Glenda, you probably thought we'd abandoned this thread! Thanks for sharing about yourself. I have been so busy with my classes and work that I haven't been around much the last few days. I can't wait to be done with these classes. That won't be until October though. I have a few assignments due tomorrow and Monday. I've had a few days of kidney stone pain this week, which hasn't been too good. When I go to bed at 11:30, you know I'm sick!!!! Anyway, it's the weekend, and I have a couple kid-free days, so I'm happy! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids, but this has been about a month-long week. Cara, how are you doing?

Barbara