"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
She's more active today, she actually tried to play with the feather toy. I was wondering if anchovy paste might be enough to get her to eat something (I'm out of tuna). She goes to the food bowl, but then she just sits there.

Me, I could definitely be better.
Callisto, did you check out the links I posted? Alot of good info there.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
Callisto, did you check out the links I posted? Alot of good info there.
I read a couple and it just depressed me. There's one with a long list and she seems to have quite a few symptoms. The problem is they come and go just after her cycle and there's no mention of that being an issue. I don't know if she has the FeLV or if she just never recovered from her outdoor experience.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
I read a couple and it just depressed me. There's one with a long list and she seems to have quite a few symptoms. The problem is they come and go just after her cycle and there's no mention of that being an issue. I don't know if she has the FeLV or if she just never recovered from her outdoor experience.
OK, did you check out the tuna link as most folks don't realize that tuna is not the best for cats.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
OK, did you check out the tuna link as most folks don't realize that tuna is not the best for cats.
I know tuna is bad for cats, I rarely give it to them unless I can't find them or need to force them to eat.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
I know it's depressing but sometimes you learn enough to get a clue as to what might be wrong just stay on it. That is what is so wonderful about the Internet you search and search and will get the info you need. Another thing is doe's your cat seem to be suffering besides not eating? Sometimes not eating is a good thing for cats and people, cats have a great ability to know what they need or not need to get better.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #16
Executive Chef

All my cats get (cat's) tuna every day and I can honestly say that none have experienced any ill effects from doing so. They have been getting tuna for all of the time I have had them, the eldest being 21. The illnesses they have had have been from the time they were strays, such as FIV/Felv. When they have got to 18+ they have experienced other problems such as kidney failure but at 18+, the source becomes a tad immaterial IMO. My cats ADORE tuna. From 9:30pm each night, I get badgered until they have a can of dark tuna opened for them for their supper. Why? Not cos they are hungry, just cos they love the stuff. And I am talking about 20 cats or thereabouts, six of whom I still currently have. Not disputing the research but I take it all with a hefty pinch of salt in its application.