"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #21
Head Chef

Grocery shopping too, as long i as i get to push the cart !

Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

I hate all house chores, period, but enjoy mowing the yard or brush hogging out back. I don't necessarily like the time they consume, but it's relaxing.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #23
Executive Chef

I don't even enjoy watching the maid clean the office.

I must like laundry because it seems even though there are only two of us I'm constantly washing loads of towels. Why can't 16 year olds use a towel more than once? You're drying off your clean body so why use two towels every time you shower and why shower twice a day??
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

When I had chickens (150 hens) I used to love to gather eggs...Talk about an Easter egg hunt!!! Now I love to pick tomatoes, and squash...cut okra etc.
I like to grocery shop....don't like the check out part..Mowing and bush hogging can be fun...sometimes.
Love to cook...

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

i like grocery shopping. so much so that dw often calls me and wonders what's taking so long. i like to meander through the aisles, trying to match what's on sale with something that i want to cook.

i also like caring for my lawn and gardens. there's something relaxing about gardening, and a good sense of accomplishment when the lawn looks sharp.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
With 3 little boys running around here, my chores are never done!! Thats probably the reason why I despise cleaning so much now!! lol Before I had children, I was a neat freak!! ......not so much now ; )

Babymaker
GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #27
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i like grocery shopping. so much so that dw often calls me and wonders what's taking so long. i like to meander through the aisles, trying to match what's on sale with something that i want to cook.

i also like caring for my lawn and gardens. there's something relaxing about gardening, and a good sense of accomplishment when the lawn looks sharp.

Hey BT,I Just got back from vacation. Lawns looking a little shabby, gardens a mess, cupboards are bare......are you busy today?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
Head Chef

Mowing, tilling, gardening in general, cleaning the kitchen, grocery shopping, cooking. And, when I have time, I like pulling everything out of a closet or cabinet, tossing and reorganizing--love all the new space I make.

I used to hate putting the laundry away until I realized that having enough room in drawers and closets made that easy. A thrift store box helps on that front.

Still hate vacuuming. Too noisy and boring. I am going to have to figure out how to use my little Mp3 player while running the vacuum.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #29
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
...I also enjoy grocery shopping, when I go alone.
Amen to the last part! James is worse than a kid! Nancy knew better than to ever throw stuff in the cart without asking, and if I said no, it went back on the shelf. James doesn't have to ask, of course, but he is always tossing extra stuff in the cart. If we had tons of money I wouldn't mind, but we have to watch our pennies. He also doesn't stick to my system (produce first, as it is just to the right as I go in, canned and dry goods aisles, meat, dairy, and frozen, in that order). He will throw something that needs refrigeration into the cart while I am still shopping for non-refrigerated/frozen aisles. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Barbara
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #30
Executive Chef

chores! if you run real fast, you'll see me headin fer the hills