Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dove said:
...They are so protective that sometimes I want to send both of them to my woodshed..;)

Love y'all

Maybe so Dove but isn't it a good feeling to know that you are loved so much:) and I'm sure you richly deserve it:)

Kev said that John had a good day today. He sat up in a chair and ate hospital food. I Pray that all goes well tonight..Monday they plan on doing the bone marrow test to see if all the cancer cells are killed.
Marge

I'm glad John had a good day today. :) Praying that everything goes well on Monday.

How are you doing right now Marge? I know you have to be relieved about his progress, but it is still all hard on you. Make sure you take care of yourself. And remember we are here for you if you need anything.

:) Barbara

Dear Marge,

You and I don't know each other because I haven't been here long. I just came in tonight and read with horror John's story. I remember well when you lost your husband, and it seemed impossible that you would have to face something more. By the time I came to the end of the thread, things were starting to look so much better.

I live in the Bay Area, and I know how good Stanford Hospital is. John will be in the best of hands there. He has certainly fought the good fight, as have Sandie, Kevin, their sons, and you -- not to mention the incredible care he's had from the doctors and nurses. If a bone marrow transplant is necessary, I'm sure Kevin's will make John stronger.

I'm so sorry you've had to go through something more, and I'm terribly sorry for John. Things are beginning to look up now, though, and I'll pray hard that they continue in that direction. One thing I've seen for sure during this ordeal of yours is how close this wonderful group of people at DC is. Every one of them feels your concern, and the way they rally around you is amazing. I feel fortunate to be here with such a great group of people.

Keep the faith, Marge. I'm hoping to read better and better news as the days go on. Take care of that thumb of yours, and take good care of yourself.

Anne

Last edited:
John is having another good day..last night he woke up about every hour asking Sandie questions.."what did you say or how do you spell that word again?" Today they decided to take him off the IV drip for Morphine..and let him push a button if he needs meds for pain. I remember the weird dreams I had when I was in the hospital waiting for my Bionic Parts to come in. It took from Sat-Mon. PM (hip replacement..LOL)

I think you are the most wonderful group of friends on this Universe. I thank God for each and every one of you. You have helped me through the hard times in the past and what I am going through now.::)

Marge,
that is because we all love our DC gramma..Still, thinking and praying for good tihngs for all of you.
kadesma

Thank you so much, for the update of what is going on with your beloved son.
I pray for him and his family everyday. And I ask God to Bless you too and to help you through this.

So glad to hear he's doing better Marge. You know we'll always be here for you and your family. Thoughts and prayers continue.

Is your sister still there with you?

Join the Registry - National Marrow Donor Program Registry of donors

Dove I very sorry to hear about your son. Here is the website for the National Bone Marrow Registry. I encourage everyone to visit it and join. It's as simple as a cotton swab of your cheek to enroll. I have been on it for 15 years and in August 2005 I was selected as a donor. The person fully recovered. I also started a separate thread with this info.

Take Care,

JDP

I haven't been around much for a while, Marge, so I was surprised and dismayed to read of this turn of events today. I'm glad that treatments seem to be helping some, and I'll pray that a bone marrow donor is found to relieve all of you, but especially John of this horrible burden.

Love and prayers,
June

The bone marrow test wasn't done today. The Dr. wants more white cells before he does it. He said his marrow is sleeping right now...

After Kev talked to the Doc he agreed that John was trying to go off of the Morphine too fast. ( Cold Turkey) Still having him use the button instead of the drip. Kev. told him if he gets so wound up like he was yesterday that he (Kev.) was going to push the button..LOL

He had interrupted sleep last night..I think it is because they aren't "putting " him to sleep with pain meds.

His lungs sound better today. One is more clear than the other. That is good news.

I will know more tonight when Kev. gets home. He has been pulling 12 hour shifts since Feb. 2 nd. He is picking up a lot of info. and is a quick learner.

Later
Marge

Kev. just called. they took the large oxygen mask off and inserted a larger tube on in his nose. Kev. said the name of it but I can't remember it. He said his stats are good and he is doing well on the new oxygen thingy.. They also are giving him a new med for Anxiety. Now when Kev. says " I need to go eat lunch" He said "OK" Before he didn't want him out of his sight.

Yes I am blessed for having two wonderful sons..I pray that I can keep both of them.

Thank you again for a speedy update. I go on here every few hours just to see how John is doing. Hope you tell him about us!
By the way..... I got his nose. :-p Hope he understands the joke. Then again..... am I making a bad joke? :ermm: I just want to make him and you laugh. Love you guys. :)

Sizz my sisters left a week ago yesterday..

Sushie,
I copied 17 pages over the weekend and sent then down to John and Sandie and their sons to read. He is well aware of all of you and loves the fact that i have you for support.

Wonderful news Dove and I'm glad the docs held off a little longer on the testing. Such brave and strong men you have raised....both physically, mentally and spiritually...... you should be truely proud of this. Tell John he is still in my prayers as well as the rest of you too to see this through until his complete recovery. Now try and get some rest. Love Sizz

P.S. I must of missed the thread telling she went home...sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom