Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marge, I got an icky rash all over my back when I finished a particularly stressful project a few years ago. Maybe all the tension finally let go for you and displayed itself that way too. Hope you are not scratching much now.

Great news about John.

Marge, I am so glad that John is home, I hope he get lots of rest and gets stronger everyday. Hope you rash goes away as fast as it came.:)

Marge, I am so happy that John is home, thats great news! (though I dont like his attitude about "how long it will be this time" and you can quote me to him on that ;)

As for your rash Marge, did you recently start new medications, since you indicated that your doctor removed four medications after the rash occurred. If I were you I would keep a medical journal for yourself. I keep notes any time I take a medication, and make note of how I feel, any adverse affects or positive affects. The more you can tell your doctor the better. Have you tried cortizone 10 plus cream? Its sold over the counter. Check with your doctor to see if it's ok to use, but I have used it for rashes due to allergies and dry skin, though again, you may be having an allergic reaction to medication so check with the doc.

All the best to you Marge, and to John and Sandie as well as the rest of your family.

I have been on all meds for years..I ate at Long Johns Silver two nights before..it might have been the fish.

John has started the horrible headaches and throwing up again. He goes to the Dr. tomorrow.
Things just have to get better...
Marge

My heart goes out to you Marge, seeing your boy go through so much. John and you will always be in my prayers. Take care !

Barb L.

Marge,

I hope John's doctor's appointment goes well, and I hope he is over the headaches and nausea. I also hope your rash is gone. We're keeping you all in our prayers.

:) Barbara

Marge I'm sorry to hear that John is not feeling well again. Hopefully the Dr. will get him squared away soon!

I got a horrible rash all over my face just before we moved - hadn't changed anythingl Dr was "real helpfull" when he said if it didn't clear up in a month (!:ohmy:) that he'd send me to an ear nose & throat guy. ?????????

We went to the store and bought a bar of Neutrogena soap and a buff puff, and some Neutrogena moisturizer and I used those 2x a day. The rash cleared up and hasn't come back. I also try to keep my hands off my face.

John went to the Dr. today. He is receiving platelets and fluids and will stay in the hospital for the week end. His Dr. inserted chemo very slowly into the shunt in his head. We are looking again at bone marrow transplant when he is well enough for it.
Marge

John is back in the hospital again. they are giving fluids, platelets and Chemo through the shunt in his skull.
The bone marrow is being thought of again.I think he has to improve a lot before they can consider that.
Marge

Marge; Prayers are being said every night for both you and John. I know this is so very hard for you, for John, and for the family. I can do little but offer my prayers and freindship.

Know this: whatever happens, the Lord will do what is correct, and in His time. We may not always understand why things happen, just that they happen for our growth and for our good. Mortality is such a tenuos and fragile thing, and is short lived for all of us. There will come a day when our frailties will be no more, and we well be together, able to appreciate and enjoy our perfected bodies.

In the meantime, we need to trust in Him. We need to learn everyday, take something of value from the experience, even if it's a bitter lesson. I know that your son has improved much from when this thread started, but still has a long race to run, with many hurtles before him. I will rejoice when that race is over, and he can again walk and catch his breath. You will be at his side on that day, and will be offering comfort along the way.

Marge, you are a loving mother, and a tender soul. We love you for that.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Marge,
You've probably cried more this past few months than any of us here has in our lifetimes. How I wish I could take some of those tears and turn them to smiles..You are truly one strong and loving mom..Your family is so lucky to have you..We continue to pray for all of you and send you our love and admiration...Take care of yourself..We love you.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom