Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What can I say Marge. I am certain Nov 21 was not a good day. November 22, I trust you had something to be grateful for, that being Paul and John and your entire family, and regardless of the fact that Paul has passed, I hope you celebrate your anniversary. P.S. I loved your story above regarding John's bathrobe. Very touching. Take care dear. All my best to you and yours.

All of our hearts break for you! I know there is little any of us can say that will ease any of your pain. But do know our hearts, love and thoughts are with you.

I was with Sandie today. She has a beautiful box to place John's ashes in. She called and asked me if she could use part of the bathrobe I made for him when he was 16! 36 years ago. I had no idea he kept it so long...Bless him.The funny story behind the robe is I was in a hurry to finish the light weight flannel robe (because it was one of his Christmas gifts) and ended putting one of the pockets on upside down...LOL He really thought it was funny!! So we cut the part where the pocket is upside down and cut the hem off...Sandie took it upstairs to their room...wrapped his bag of ashes in it..tied the hem piece around it .."to keep him warm" she said. I love her so much for taking such good care of John and loving him so much. She said today " I just want one more hug..."
Tomorrow at 1 PM is the time my son will be placed in his final resting place..my heart is broken ..again.
Love you all,

someday soon I will send it to Kitchenelf and have her post it..
Marge

Marge, it's clear Sandie loves John and respects his family. You are blessed to have such a loving daughter-in-law. I hope you spent a calm and blessed Thanksgiving. Even though it seems like the world has "dumped" on you, you have so much to be thankful for. What a great family you have!! Love and lots of hugs to you from Buck and me.

Marge, that story was great. I echo the thoughts of the others. You have a wonderful family. And it sounds like all of you will maintain that close relationship. You are still Grandma, and will stay in the hearts of you grandchildren and DIL. I know you will be the best Grandma ever, and MIL as well.

Time continues to march onward, unstoppable. It carries us where it will. I hope that you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I don't know how I missed this - I've not been around as much lately. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son, Dove. May he rest in eternal peace.

BC

Caroli's plane was 2 hours late leaving Indiana. So she missed her plane. They had to get another plane and call in a Crew. Now instead of arriving here at 11:01 it will be 1:57 Ca. time. 5 AM her time...Poor dear, I hope she rests and sleeps on the plane.

I was with Sandie today. She has a beautiful box to place John's ashes in. She called and asked me if she could use part of the bathrobe I made for him when he was 16! 36 years ago. I had no idea he kept it so long...Bless him.The funny story behind the robe is I was in a hurry to finish the light weight flannel robe( because it was one of his Christmas gifts) and ended putting one of the pockets on upside down...LOL He really thought it was funny!! So we cut the part where the pocket is upside down and cut the hem off...Sandie took it upstairs to their room...wrapped his bag of ashes in it..tied the hem piece around it .."to keep him warm" she said. I love her so much for taking such good care of John and loving him so much. She said today " I just want one more hug..."
Tomorrow at 1 PM is the time my son will be placed in his final resting place..my heart is broken ..again.
Love you all,

someday soon I will send it to Kitchenelf and have her post it..
Marge

Marge you have a wonderful Daughter - she obviously loves John very very much, and you! She is a treasure. My prayers remain with you for strength and comfort. If there is anything we can do please PM me - we're not that far away!

Sharon

Marge - you have been on my mind every day. I know you hate to talk on the phone though. I will call you when things settle down and you aren't so "raw". Just know that the Bear and I love you very much.

Dear Marge, words are inadequate. I am so sorry for your loss. All I can say is Amen to what Jabbur said and we will pray for the peace of God to comfort you.

Dear Lord, we ask you to stay close to this family as they grieve the loss of their beloved son, husband and father. Only You can give them comfort through Your mercy and love. We know that even in the darkest night You are the light of the world. We thank you for the gift that John was to this world. While John will be missed, his spirit lives on in the lives of all those he touched in his time here on earth. Surround this family with love from you and from us as they face the difficult days ahead. Amen

Amen

Karen

O dear, words can't describe how one feels in that situation. All that I can offer are my condolences, albeit late. I sincerely hope that you are able to receive some comfort in this time of sorrow. Just remember that God is with you, as are our prayers.

Marge,

haven't been here for some time...
I'm in loss of words, don't know any words to heal your grief.
You'll be in my thoughts.

I am so sorry for your loss Marge. I haven't been online a lot lately. Will say a little prayer for you and your family. I know it has been a hard year for you all. Praying that you find comfort and love during this time.

Marge, again, I haven't been here for a long time, but I saw this and just had to let you know that one more person, me, is so terribly sorry for your loss. I am also praying that you find some measure comfort at this sad time.
Love,
Sandyj

Hi all.
We are holding up ..doing our best. We all love him and miss him and his dad (Paul) very much. We are trying to put our lives back together..and doing pretty good at it I think. Sandi is back working full time and that is a good thing.

I just received word tonight that another one of my friends of at least 20 years passed away last night and another is loosing ground..I am the "baby" of this group of friends..can you believe that? I will be 74 on the 11 of Dec.
Love to all of you
Marge

Marge, thanks so much for checking in. I've been thinking about you, Sandi and your family a lot and am glad to hear that you're all holding on. We'll all continue to be here for you, whenever you need us. Sending love and hugs!

Dear Marge
Having been away from DC for a number of reasons I was looking forward to coming back and was infinitely saddened to read of your very recent loss of your beloved son.
No words suffice at a time like this but I care deeply about your loss and also admire your courage and that of all your family.

"No words can comfort all we can do

Is share your North face route with you.
All we can do is walk with you
And try to match our steps to yours.
Just keep on walking day by day .

But let us share that cold road too

To walk a little way with you "

Thank you all..I just don't know how I feel. It is hard to explain. I think i might be in denial. I know he is gone but I don't feel it..this sounds crazy..when I call to Sandie his voice answers..I recorded it on my house phone and also in the memo area of my cell phone. Tuesday is my birthday and he always came over with a potted plant or a rose bush. I will miss that..
Love
Marge

The denial has past,now you know what we are all feeling. my Dr. has RX's two meds for me..Kevin is just going to tough it out..I wish he would get help but "it's a man thing" i guess,

I want to wish all of you a wonderful Holiday Season and a very Happy New year for us all
Love
Marge

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss.:( It's a lot to deal with, you've had more than your share of woes. I hope the memories you have of him and his love helps to console you in this dark time. You'll be in my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom