DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought i'd stop by early today, and say hi and good morning to all of you nice folks.:) most mornings i'm not fit for anything social, like conversation, until i'm well into my second cuppa. which is about where i am now, with my flavor of the week/month?, a sumatra blend coffee. i kinda like the sound of that, SumAtra, s00-mAAA-tra, probably why i drive a s00-ba-r000, too.:) i was kinda hoping to find some cookies here, left from last night...or some of those bittersweet chocolate chips i saw somebody had the other day...ya know what we could use here, one of them small, apartment size refrigerators? to keep our snacks in, and, i drink mine black, but coffee creamers, people could bring in their french vanillas and irish cremes and stuff, ya know, keep 'em cold.....

Last edited:
I'm having my first cuppa. Saturdays, I have to wait half an hour after I take pill before I can have anything but water. At least it's only once a week. I am enjoying that coffee now.

I can't drink coffee OR eat cookies? Can I still join? I will sit here quietly with my peppermint or ginger tea and pumpkin seeds, promise! :angel:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Vit, it is so great to have you around, you ALWAYS make me smile! :flowers:

My Coffee Maker has dust on it. I've been drinking instant for months and I hardly ever eat cookies. I'll have herbal tea and pumpkin seeds with you Laurie :)
This is a great thread by the way V :) I just don't have the patients to wait for coffee. We have really good instant and it only takes 2 mins :LOL:

So far today I've downed 2-12oz cups and am now on my third (and last) 10oz cup. I'm using the Donut Shop Med roast bold with a splash of milk.

Gevalia Morning Roast. I bought these because my partner likes a milder coffee, but he prefers the Tim Horton's with lots of creamer. So I'm just drinking them to get rid of them, they aren't bad at all, I just like a little more of a medium roast.

Or a one cup Melitta cone. It's not quite as fast as a Keurig, but almost and a heck of a lot cheaper. :LOL:

Not to get morbid or anything, I'm interested in the Keurig, too. Let me 'splain. I'm not much of a coffee-drinker, like Snip just doing instant coffee first thing in the morning. But I'm tired of my kids, when I find something swell I want to give them, saying, "stop, already." I now have it in my head to begin buying "myself" better quality items that they will get when I croak, whether they like it or not. Like a Keurig. Gotta start small -- Heaven forfend that I begin to think along the lines of a sporty car, which had better not happen on my budget. My daughter would just love to have a KA mixer, but can't afford it.......

Will I come to love actual coffee? Will the fancy-coffee bug bite me? Will my kids poison my oatmeal when they figure it out? Tune in tomorrow. ;)

Someone said we could use a fridg..OK I have one so here it is. All cleaned,pluged in and ready. I even put in some creamers and butter for toast or scones or whatever. Feeling much better and trying to decide what to cook in my new 3in 1 slowcooker dh gave me. Anyone have any ideas?
need to bake for tomorrow but what I have NO idea at all. Ahh hot coffee, love it and a donut to go with it. emmm.Hey anyone want to polka?:LOL:
ma

Had my first cuppa in bed thanks to my sweetie. Right now, I'm fending off a cat with very wet feet. WHY do they like to jump in the tub when I'm done. Morons.

I have some danish butter cookies I'm leaving here on the table for you folks. They're awesome with a cup of coffee. Pacanis, I noticed there is a "travel mug" coffee pod. They make a stronger brew.

Had my first cuppa in bed thanks to my sweetie. Right now, I'm fending off a cat with very wet feet. WHY do they like to jump in the tub when I'm done. Morons.

I have some danish butter cookies I'm leaving here on the table for you folks. They're awesome with a cup of coffee. Pacanis, I noticed there is a "travel mug" coffee pod. They make a stronger brew.
Better not leave those Danish butter cookies where I will find them. They will all be gone. :pig: (I just had two with my coffee.)

ttttttthhhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbtttttttt!

attachment.php
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Double Black Diamond morning, I have some running around today and later I'll be making CWS's White Fruitcake recipe.

Not to get morbid or anything, I'm interested in the Keurig, too. Let me 'splain. I'm not much of a coffee-drinker, like Snip just doing instant coffee first thing in the morning. But I'm tired of my kids, when I find something swell I want to give them, saying, "stop, already." I now have it in my head to begin buying "myself" better quality items that they will get when I croak, whether they like it or not. Like a Keurig. Gotta start small -- Heaven forfend that I begin to think along the lines of a sporty car, which had better not happen on my budget. My daughter would just love to have a KA mixer, but can't afford it.......

Will I come to love actual coffee? Will the fancy-coffee bug bite me? Will my kids poison my oatmeal when they figure it out? Tune in tomorrow. ;)

eeww tin, morbid...that's morbid! but, if morbid is the only way to trick yourself into spending a little money on you, for nice things to make life more enjoyable... and, i'm really not one to talk, either. i will spend money i don't have on my girl and grandkids, but not for myself. like you, tin, i guess i'm simply not 'worthy' of good treatment.:(

the only reason i have a keurig coffeemaker and an ereader today, is that i bought these things for my mom. and when mom croaked a year ago at christmas, i got to keep these nice things for myself. i wish now i had gotten her a porsche. see tin? morbid....

i didn't become a coffee fiend until after i brought home the keurig. for two years, i was drinking a cup of instant coffee every morning just to keep mom company. i could see that she really enjoyed her coffee, though, so i decided to turn her on to 'good' coffee, and the rest is history... before long, we were making lists of favorite coffee flavors,( and least favorites), and brewing up a cuppa java anytime either of us had the inclination. adding our choice of 'go with' snacks to the keurig experience....

go for it, tin....:)

It's never too early or too late to spend some money on yourself. Buy the Keurig, Lizzie! It's part of the "quality" part of life. And maybe I'm weird, but I don't find it morbid at all.

Someone said we could use a fridg..OK I have one so here it is. All cleaned,pluged in and ready. I even put in some creamers and butter for toast or scones or whatever. Feeling much better and trying to decide what to cook in my new 3in 1 slowcooker dh gave me. Anyone have any ideas?
need to bake for tomorrow but what I have NO idea at all. Ahh hot coffee, love it and a donut to go with it. emmm.Hey anyone want to polka?:LOL:
ma

so good that you are feeling better, kades, and that you are here. i love it, kades, that not only do you bring your lovely social graces to our coffee klatch, but major appliances too! i love that fridge! where did you find it? oooh, and ICE! it has an ice maker, oh wow, you shouldn't have, kades...but i'm/we're glad you did! who wants their coffee iced?

so, you say you are ready to dance, kades? anybody up for doing a little gangum style? or shall we maybe start a bit slower maybe, with the bunny hop? where the heck IS somebunny, anyhow....:)

somebody tell somebunny she doesn't HAVE to drink coffee to spend time with us here.:)

Last edited:
OK, I just got back from a spree at the used book store. Surprise surprise, no Lee Child books there. Stupid movie! I'm trying to keep myself from diving in head first. Just going to go spread them out on the bed and decide what order to read them in. WOOHOO!!

Hi folks. Mr. Coffee just made a pot of coffee for me. Bless his little heart. First cup of the day. I very seldom use the 'pause' feature as I usually end up with a cup too strong. But I just could wait. Some days he is just too slow.

I have some dough for pumpkin/cranberry cookies in the freezer right now. I can pull out as many as I need if anyone wants some. they are already formed.

Well I have to get back into the kitchen and clean up the mess I made in the middle of the night. And I am taking my cuppa with me. but I will be back. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom