"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #301
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Is that two pallets of flagstone I see for the firepit on the deck?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #302
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Is that two pallets of flagstone I see for the firepit on the deck?
It's not anything I know about. Perhaps it was a community donation.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #303
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The beauty of a virtual space is that it is pleasing to the beholders eye. I imagine we each something just a bit different, just knowing the cushions are there makes it perfect. Knowing you can imagine and reach for what you want and/or need and always put a hand to it is all we need in this magical space.

Excuse me, I'm headed back to the washtub and scrub up a few extra monitors and keyboards folks keep spraying their beverages onto...
the eloquent truth of your words touches my heart, pf. just look at how the kitties have taken to your 'new' rocking chairs--little gal all curled into a round ball of breathing fur, the other stretched out full length, hanging off the seat pillow at both ends. don'tcha just wish you could sleep like that--not a care in the world...

so, what's up with cute stuff here, anyway? are they here on a trial visit, or has the deal been sealed on the adoption already? responsible and deserving as we are, i wasn't at all sure the spca would approve us for adoption of one of their animals.

has anybody heard from .40 today? the men have been hard at work around back, but i'm terrified to venture out there, myself. i only wish bubba hadn't loaned out his pneumatic nail gun. in the hands of them darrell boys, that rapid fire nail gun is more like a loose cannon. even in fun, they get to playing, and....
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #304
Head Chef

Make it two thumbs up for two kitties -- any flavor.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #305
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Got some bad news to report. Seems that Schneider was running his mouth instead of paying attention to what he was doing and nailed his hand to the roof. We had the fire department, the police department, code enforcement, and Bubba out at the building today.

The good news is that Schneider is going to be OK. Pity he didn't nail his mouth closed. The fire department got his hand pried loose and the rest of him down from the roof. The police department ruled the incident as self-inflicted accidental injury and our permits were on the up-and-up.

The bad news is Bubba fired Schneider for operating a nail gun while intoxicated. Apparently, there was more Irish than Coffee in his thermos. Our roof is only half finished.

Bubba and Darrell the younger will finish up the roofing job tomorrow. This is could have been a lot worse. I think we need to cook up some BBQ for the crew's lunch tomorrow and tell them how much we appreciate their hard work.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #306
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Got some bad news to report. Seems that Schneider was running his mouth instead of paying attention to what he was doing and nailed his hand to the roof. We had the fire department, the police department, code enforcement, and Bubba out at the building today.

The good news is that Schneider is going to be OK. Pity he didn't nail his mouth closed. The fire department got his hand pried loose and the rest of him down from the roof. The police department ruled the incident as self-inflicted accidental injury and our permits were on the up-and-up.

The bad news is Bubba fired Schneider for operating a nail gun while intoxicated. Apparently, there was more Irish than Coffee in his thermos. Our roof is only half finished.

Bubba and Darrell the younger will finish up the roofing job tomorrow. This is could have been a lot worse. I think we need to cook up some BBQ for the crew's lunch tomorrow and tell them how much we appreciate their hard work.

What kind of gun... A roofing gun? Nasty nails with those barbs from the wire spool... Clip the head and pull on through...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #307
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I've got twenty pounds of potatoes I can make into salad for the Que party for the guys. I think we should have it on Saturday, give us some time to get full participation.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #308
Executive Chef

I could do baked beans. Any thoughts? I imagine .40 and "love2Q" will take care of the actual grilling. I know that "Texas BBQ" is a little different that grilling ;) so they should be able to cover all the bases. ;)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #309
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
You have a great opportunity to have a special friendship with your 17year old granddaughter. Does she share your "foodism"? That could be a fun shared interest. ;).
My grandchildren live about 2.5 - 3 hours away(depending on traffic). And yes they are young, DD kept me waiting for them for quite awhile ;-) I wish I could see them everyday. BTW......I have a 20 yr. old step-grandson too!
My oldest grandchild is 35 y.o. My youngest great grandchild is 4 y.o. My youngest grandchild is three y.o. All together there are 17 of them. I think.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #310
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
What kind of gun... A roofing gun? Nasty nails with those barbs from the wire spool... Clip the head and pull on through...
I saw all the hulabaloo when I was waking by with Teddy. I wondered what was going on. I would have stopped, but that is when Teddy decided to do his 'thing'. There was also another dog coming up the street and Teddy just had to investigate.

Tags
coffee