"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #351
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It fits perfectly! Thanks, let me get it hooked up. Now I'm wondering about a water feature out here...

Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #352
Executive Chef

oh yeah, bunny, i love my baked beans smothered with bacon like that! here, i just need to make room on my plate--this is my second plate.:) i had to eat some of everything, and now i think i have.:) lord, that pulled pork of .40's is the tenderest, most succulent bbq...i just kept eating it, without the bread after a while, just for the taste of it. pf, your potato salad is the bomb! you must have had a triple major in college--nursing, masonry and home economics. i hope you have the recipe for this salad posted at dc. i need to make some of this for my brood of grandkids for when they descend on me later this month....
i'm so glad the guys are all eating like hungry wolves. watching other people eat makes me feel real good inside, even when it's not all my own food.

oh pf, quiet, if you have to go in there--bubba is laying down, resting-- trying to process all that food...and all them cups of beer. we have the keys to his truck safely tucked away in the antique coffee tin in the pantry. didn't want bubba to wake up with a mind to drive himself somewhere....

i just plan on eating until i can't no more--no dieting today! none of that healthy lifestyle talk--it's groundhog day, and, no shadow-- it's going to be an early spring, coffeemates! soon as i can move again, i want to take a tour of this place, inside and out! can you believe your eyes, the enchantment, the rhapsody that resides with us here in this spot....?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #353
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Where do you want this red velvet cake with cream cheese icing?...picked up 2 of them while I was at Costco.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #354
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The flagstone, outside plumbing, electric and gas I learned one summer working at Dad's putting in the Narnia garden at their place. It is fantastic!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #355
Admiral of the Texas Navy

I've been on the phone all evening. We have our finish carpenters lined up. The sheet rock crew will be out tomorrow through Wednesday.

None other than Tim "the toolman" Taylor and Al Borland will be on the job later next week. I can't wait to see how they interpret the plans and what inventions Tim leaves for us. He has already promised a solar water heater to augment the standard system.

Personally, I put my faith in big Al to get the job done but on the other hand, I can't wait to get Tim on the back of a horse for a trail ride on the farm later this summer. I think I'm going to put him on Uncle Hershel's big black stallion Widowmaker. He just loves city folk.

The Darrell brothers will still be on the job too. Tim needs supervision. They will do the painting and help with the odd jobs that still need doing.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #356
Executive Chef

thought i'd stop in to see if there's any food left from yesterday's picnic. a thick slice of red velvet cake...with this hazelnut coffee, oh yeahh. nobody here, just me and the kitty cats. yesss-i-know you'd like some of my cake, domino--why you keep sticking your nose... sniffing at my coffee, silly? it's HOT, dummy, i mean dommie--here, okay, sit up, up--sit up for it--here's a glob of frosting, dommie . yes, i Know, it's SO goood, kitty. here, boxxi, here's some for you too...No--not the coffee--what is it with you cats and the coffee, anyhow?? trust me, you not gonna like it....well, i told you so, boxx!

yes, i talk to myself all the time. nothing wrong with--well, not when there's people around, i don't, cuz they wouldn't understand. oh look. pulled pork and rolls--cole slaw, even! how lucky is that! i expected to find all the food gone today--what a super nice group we have here, leaving some goodies in the fridge for the latecomers. no, not like me--i'm double-dipping, i know. the cats, they won't tell on me. they wouldn't dare....

next week should be fun--i love tim and al--wonder where .40 knows them from. he sure has some interesting connections, that 40....but, he's right-- tim will require close supervision. heck, he's just as accident-prone as schneider was, only with tim, you kinda want to protect him, keep him from hurting himself...and everyone else. and everything he touches....:)
Old 02-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #357
Everymom

Whoo. Sorry I missed it all guys. I was NUTS at work the last couple of days and just couldn't pull away for any amount of time. Thanks PF for covering my butt and bringing in that red velvet cake. I felt bad jamming out at the last minute.

I'm off to the library to curl up and read for a bit. I'm whacked.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #358
Executive Chef

hey alix, we were worried about your sorry butt yesterday.:) yeah, pf is good like that....listen, i gotta go get back to the game. ravens are 7 up already.:) listen, in the back of the fridge--there's a plate with your name on it--yeah, kades insisted on fixing a plate for ya yesterday....
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #359
Everymom

OMG! Thanks for the plate of yummies Ma. I needed that. I made some soup for later. Ham and split pea.

Sorry I worried you all. I couldn't even get close to a computer, let alone get on here. I'll makes sure I leave a note next time.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #360
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Selfish of me, I knew the only way I could have a piece was if everyone had a piece.

Tags
coffee