DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hiya chopper, how nice to see you here at the coffeehouse. do you need a cuppa? we have so many wonderful coffee blends here...oh, i see you know your cats, chopper, just look at that buttons, trying to make a nest for herself in your lap. she's usually not like that with strangers. or is it your sandwich she's so enamored with?:) oh well, don't worry, you'll be fast friends soon enough....

addie, i'm sorry you are in pain. i too had pleurisy in my adolescence. i will never forget the sharp knife-like pain that pleurisy brought with it. i hope you are seeing a doctor for it, and that treatments are better today than when i was sick with it....

Hi Vit! I hope you don't mind, I started the tea kettle for some tea since I don't drink coffee. I was pleased to see that you have several tea bags to choose from. The English Breakfast suits me just fine, thanks. Oh, I hear the tea kettle...good thing it has a whistle. You will have to move kitty.............

Hey vitauta and chopper. I went out with a friend for an unexpected catch up visit. She made all my grumpies disappear! The blonde roast at Starbucks helped too. ;)

I can't talk about my project in public as it is going to be a surprise for someone who lurks here periodically. I'll answer in PM if you really want to know. Its not all that exciting for anyone but me really.

Off to work soon. Feel better Addie. Hey chopper, lets send one of those kitties over to snuggle Addie.

I think Buttons realizes what an animal lover I really am. My lunch is finished, and she still wants to cuddle with me. I don't think my dogs will mind. They chase the neighbors cats back to their yard, but have not messed with my grand cats at my son's house too much.

Great idea Alix. Addie needs a kitten! It sounds like they have spent some time at her place before, so all should be well. Which one are you sending?

I know you're enjoying snuggle time with Buttons, but I think Buttons is Addie's special buddy. That's who I'd send over. Did we ever name the other little brat kitten? And will he be lonely without Buttons? We could make sock mice for him to play with.

I don't mind switching to the other cat. What?.. You have no name.....? Send Buttons to Addie. She needs a friend. :)

by all means, chopper, help yourself to the tea, and any fixings you like. alix is the tea connoisseur around here, she stocks quite a collection of different tea flavors and brands...i don't drink tea often myself, but i do like a cup of green tea now and again...chopper, have you checked out the gardens out back? there are some rows of vegetable plants that are threatening to take over, outpacing our feeble attempts to keep the growth and weeds in check....we are picking salad greens and veggies already last month. the green peas are coming along nicely, and god, have you seen the strawberries we began harvesting last week? god, they are small, but oh soo sweet, i can't seem to leave them alone....

oh alix, you always have to have that aura of mystic surrounding you, dontcha? oh okay then, i'll have to pm you 'cause now you have my curiosity piqued....:)

Last edited:
hiya chopper, how nice to see you here at the coffeehouse. do you need a cuppa? we have so many wonderful coffee blends here...oh, i see you know your cats, chopper, just look at that buttons, trying to make a nest for herself in your lap. she's usually not like that with strangers. or is it your sandwich she's so enamored with?:) oh well, don't worry, you'll be fast friends soon enough....

addie, i'm sorry you are in pain. i too had pleurisy in my adolescence. i will never forget the sharp knife-like pain that pleurisy brought with it. i hope you are seeing a doctor for it, and that treatments are better today than when i was sick with it....

I layed down and fell asleep. The pain is much less. I took two Vicodin. My son recommended Tylenol. But the Vicodin has it in them. So why go out and buy them. I wish I had an old fashion girdle right now. When you put pressure on your back it helps the pain. So right now a tight girdle would do just fine. Considering that I am already feeling much better than I did several hours ago, I think this is going to be a short bout. (I hope!) At least I can breath a little easier.

I'm glad to see that your pain is easing Addie.

Thank you. Right now the Vicodin has kicked in and I am pain free. I don't know for how long, but I will take it. And I can take nice deep breaths. I think I am going to live. Sorry kids. You will have to wait to get my stuff. :angel:

Today I had to do something that I didn't want to face. I had to change some information regarding my daughter. Because she is my legal next of kin, I had her listed as the one to handle all my financial affairs. So I had to change it to Spike. She is still the executor of my will, but I think she will hand it off to Spike. She can't even handle her own affairs. Her husband has been doing it all for her. I have noticed that she is becoming dependent on others more and more. She doesn't even drive herself anywhere now. Spike is aware of all my requests. Who gets what. It is a subject that the both of us can talk about easily. My daughter gets upset when I even bring up the subject just joking around.

One day when I was at her home, she was walking around and counting all the things I had given her over the years. Her KA mixer, her strainers, cooking utensils, large 12" frying pan, etc. So many things. She picked up the afghan I made for her and hugged it. Then she started to cry. I can't help wonder how often she does this. Is she thinking of her own mortality or mine. I let her cry it out. Evidently it was something she needed to do. That is when I knew I had to make some changes. Her mental state has definitely changed. Taking on the responsibility of my affairs would be more than she could handle. :angel:

I'm so sorry she is dealing with this. You had a tough task to face but luckily you are still able to do this for yourself.

I have nothing set up for us at all. I know I should but we don't have anyone to give our stuff too when the time comes. I am estranged from my daughter. I haven't seen my GD in 8 years. I think she'll be 10 next month. I heard I have a GS but I have never met him so there is no way I will leave anything to my daughter anyhow. I was only good to her when she needed something & once I stopped giving, she cut me out of her life.

My hubby & I don't have any kids together so I don't think I care what happens to our stuff if we would leave this world together. Let the state have it, I really don't care.

I'm so sorry she is dealing with this. You had a tough task to face but luckily you are still able to do this for yourself.

I have nothing set up for us at all. I know I should but we don't have anyone to give our stuff too when the time comes. I am estranged from my daughter. I haven't seen my GD in 8 years. I think she'll be 10 next month. I heard I have a GS but I have never met him so there is no way I will leave anything to my daughter anyhow. I was only good to her when she needed something & once I stopped giving, she cut me out of her life.

My hubby & I don't have any kids together so I don't think I care what happens to our stuff if we would leave this world together. Let the state have it, I really don't care.

You can make out a will that it is to go to the Salvation Army or Goodwill. It can be repaired or cleaned and sold in their stores. They will send someone to clean out your home. Just note that if you have anything of value such as jewelry, like your wedding and engagement rings, it is to go to them. Otherwise your daughter may contest the will and want what is valuable for the purpose of selling it. Otherwise it will left at the curb for the trash truck to pick it up. Including the rings. :angel:

There are 15 years between Shrek and me...I get everything. If we both go together my brother knows what to do with everything.

Well I just got good news. Spike went to see his doctor about the rash on his arm. It is sun related. There is a possibility that he is allergic to the sun. One less worry for me. :angel:

Well I just got good news. Spike went to see his doctor about the rash on his arm. It is sun related. There is a possibility that he is allergic to the sun. One less worry for me. :angel:

I'm allergic to the sun too...but I think it has more to do with being a creature of the night...:eek:

I'm allergic to the sun too...but I think it has more to do with being a creature of the night...:eek:

:wacko:I am not allergic to the sun, but because I get those hematomas from the blood thinners, when the sun hits one of them the blood almost boils. My skin is so thin and fragile, that I haave to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Hence the expression, "he/she makes my blood boil." :angel:

Sasha,Sasha,Sasha!!! (THINK all caps)

why do my caps all turn into lower case when i post?

what i MEANT to say was, SASHA, SASHA, SASHA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom