"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #471
Everymom

I saw a whirly pop thing in the pot drawer, and the hot air popper is in the cabinet above the microwave. Mmmmmmm. Popcorn.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #472
Everymom

Well, I've just installed a new hard drive in this computer and after some swearing and a few false starts, it appears to be working. Here's hoping it KEEPS working. Technology has been having a tough go in our house lately.

Anyone seen the caramel baileys? I'd like a drop or two (or seven!) in my coffee tonight.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #473
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Well, I've just installed a new hard drive in this computer and after some swearing and a few false starts, it appears to be working. Here's hoping it KEEPS working. Technology has been having a tough go in our house lately.

Anyone seen the caramel baileys? I'd like a drop or two (or seven!) in my coffee tonight.
What are those? Never heard of them.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #474
Everymom

What haven't you heard of Addie? Hard drives?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #475
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
What haven't you heard of Addie? Hard drives?
No. Caramel baileys. Is it some kind of candy?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #476
Everymom

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #477
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I use the basic King Arthur Scone recipe and add in and subtract different things. I posted my Vanilla Custard here: Vanilla Custard Enjoy!
Blueberry Scones with Lime Glaze
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #478
Everymom

*creeeaak*

Whew, its dusty in here. No one's been here in a week or so. Did someone feed the kitties? Kitty kitty kitty, here kitty...WHOA!!!! Hi guys, yes I'm here, you're OK. You still have dry food in that dish, stop telling me you haven't been fed! OK, lets get some of the good stuff out. I brought in some deli meat for sandwiches later, you guys want some of that? OK, here you go.

Wow. Now THAT was quite a greeting! I'm going to pour myself a cup of tea and sit in our dining area and just enjoy a quiet moment. Then I'll go dust and settle down in the library with some reading. I brought in some CDs in case anyone wants to listen to some music while they're reading. I brought in some Norah Jones, some Tchaikovsky and a couple other classical CDs. I've been garage saling again.

Anyone around today?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #479
Senior Cook

Peeeeeeking in......oh, hi Alix! Nice to see you in here. I'm making blueberry scones with lime glaze, want some?

It's snowing like crazy outside the windows, and the car is buried....looks like a mound of snow. Wild turkeys are clucking like crazy and kicking at the snow....poor things; I think I'll brave it and bring them some feed.

Watch this space for pics! (if I make it out and back without breaking my head....)
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #480
Everymom

YUM! That sounds lovely Soma. I brought in stuff for lunch, but those scones sound like a perfect breakfast to me.

Tags
coffee