DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GREAT story chopper.

Thanks for the donuts vituata! Any lemon filled ones? Mmmmmm! TWO! Woot! You know what I like best about these donuts? The filled donuts just have regular sugar on them rather than icing sugar. Delicious!

yeah, aren't they grand? for some reason, my childhood jelly-filled favorites refused to move over in later years for more 'adult' donut choices...:)
as you go about your day, remember that free donuts are being offered today by dunkin' donuts and krispy kreme. krispy creme has a raspberry-filled donut that is CrazY good (for its size).:)

yeah, aren't they grand? for some reason, my childhood jelly-filled favorites refused to move over in later years for more 'adult' donut choices...:)
as you go about your day, remember that free donuts are being offered today by dunkin' donuts and krispy kreme. krispy creme has a raspberry-filled donut that is CrazY good (for its size).:)

I really enjoyed my virtual cream filled donut here, but I need to look away from the screen. I can't go get a free donut! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Must be good! Must stay away!!!!!! :bash:

That "dash" holds everything. I remember the first time I read it.

I'll have a plain donut and a glass of milk, please. I love the plain ones the best. I only drink coffee when I have to work.

There was this little hamburger joint in downtown Reading, Pa. It was called the Crystal Palace. I remember me and my mom sneaking off there together and getting a burger, fries and chocolate milk. Thinking of that place always brings back memories of my youth. We would walk there because we couldn't afford riding the bus and it was either ride the bus or get to eat out plus the walk was fun. We would skip together and play silly games. I remember being happy when we were alone too. I have 3 half brothers and a half sister. I am the baby.

That "dash" holds everything. I remember the first time I read it.

I'll have a plain donut and a glass of milk, please. I love the plain ones the best. I only drink coffee when I have to work.

There was this little hamburger joint in downtown Reading, Pa. It was called the Crystal Palace. I remember me and my mom sneaking off there together and getting a burger, fries and chocolate milk. Thinking of that place always brings back memories of my youth. We would walk there because we couldn't afford riding the bus and it was either ride the bus or get to eat out plus the walk was fun. We would skip together and play silly games. I remember being happy when we were alone too. I have 3 half brothers and a half sister. I am the baby.

I am proud to be the baby of the family. Hubby is also the youngest in his family. Isn't it great?!

My hubby has one older brother that was out of the house, married with a kid when he came along so basically they were both only childs.

Oh my. I need to get dressed and head up the street. Dunkie is only three minutes away by scooter. The one and only Krispy we had closed their doors. Not enough business. After all, Mass. is home of Dunkin' Donuts. They just couldn't crack the market. And they had no drive through window. Their location was perfect. And plenty of parking. But on the way to work, we want a drive thru window. We are spoiled. :angel:

When every step counts for my weight loss endeavor, I try to park in the lot and not use drive up windows, even at walgreens pharmacy. I have been known to grab a diet coke from McDonalds drive through while driving around for work though. Enjoy a donut for me Addie! :)

I'll have a cup of Vitamin C(offee) and a plate of Vitamin C(hocolate)...I'm missing a Vitamin C...oh that's right I quit smoking...2 and a half years!!!!!

I think I'll make some strawberry-rhubarb scones and some lemon iced pecan scones. I've been mixing them up at night, baking in the morning to warm up the kitchen and have a couple to take to work for our mid-morning break.

Off to work for my victims patients...if Medicare goes down the toilet, I'll be out of a job...

With all the talk of Medicare, I have great faith that nothing will happen to it as long as I am alive. So let me know when you retire. I will try to hang around that long. :angel:

Chopper, I have those days with my daughter also And she has been gone 16 years. Last week three of her children stopped by. I was cheerful while they were here. Her two daughters are her clone. Her youngest looks exactly like she did at 21 and her oldest daughter is cloned enough to age in the same way hr mother did until her death at 35. I love them so dearly and it is so hard to look at them and see my daughter. But when they left, I broke down. Everytime I see these three children of hers, they are constantly asking me questions about her childhood. It is the only time I can talk about her with laughter.

The pain lessens, but it will never go away completely. Hang in there. And if someone tells you to get over it, I have two words you can give them. But they are not ladylike. :angel:

Hugs to everyone who is missing loved ones.

I just got up from a good nap and now it's time to start prepping for tomorrow's picnic but I want another donut first :)

Chopper, I have those days with my daughter also And she has been gone 16 years. Last week three of her children stopped by. I was cheerful while they were here. Her two daughters are her clone. Her youngest looks exactly like she did at 21 and her oldest daughter is cloned enough to age in the same way hr mother did until her death at 35. I love them so dearly and it is so hard to look at them and see my daughter. But when they left, I broke down. Everytime I see these three children of hers, they are constantly asking me questions about her childhood. It is the only time I can talk about her with laughter.

The pain lessens, but it will never go away completely. Hang in there. And if someone tells you to get over it, I have two words you can give them. But they are not ladylike. :angel:

Having almost lost a child myself when he was eight, and being a support system for several mothers who lost their children, and seeing my grandma go through such heart ache when her oldest son died even though he was over sixty, and morning the loss of a friend's son dying on his way home from college in a terrible car accident, I am sad when I think of you losing a daughter. The loss of your child is the greatest loss I can think of. We don't ever think that we could outlive our children, and we don't want to. I do not know how you feel when you think about it because I have never had that kind of a loss, but I know that there has to be part of you that died with her. I feel that way with my mom, and I know that it was to be expected that she die before me. I know you have shared some stories about your daughter, but any other stories you have I would love to hear. I really am a pretty good listener.

who is going to win the belmont stakes race this afternoon? i like the name 'freedom child', so for now, i am going with him for the win. i think his odds are sitting at 8-1-- an underdog, but not one of the super long shots. the top three horses favored to win the belmont are orb, oxbow and revolutionary. is anyone watching the race from here? it starts in about an hour. i'll be back before then. what do we need from the store, guys, anything?

We are watching the Belmont...I'll be excited for any horse and jockey that wins. Which horse is Rosie riding? "Unlimited Budget"?

I wish we still got TV coverage of Steeplechases.

yeh, yeh, rosie just finished an interview. her horse is unlimited budget. i am such a fickle fan. chances are good that i might switch allegiances and back rosie and her filly. the horse's owner seems to be a bit of a horse's a-- himself. he was talking about buying 'unlimited budget', and said, 'i didn't even know she was a filly when i got her.' you What?! you gotta be kidding!

Last edited:
Palace Malice with Mike Smith. Nice race. I think Rosie and Unlimited Budget were 5th, but not positive. I love watching horses run.

Have-you-heard, Have-you-heard??!! dawg just bought her first keurig coffeemaker at costco!!! man, they are practically giving them away! maybe she will start coming by here more often now! good luck with your new toy, dawg. you and andy both got better deals than i have ever seen for a keurig, and i thought i had them all locked in....:)

how about a christening party?

Last edited:
My tea kettle fine for me, but I am so happy to hear about your new coffee machines! I know, they make good tea too, because I drink tea from one when I visit my daughter-in-law!

Beautiful morning! I brought some of my tea along if anyone wants to share! It is hot, so I have made some fresh brewed iced tea. :yum:

We are watching the Belmont...I'll be excited for any horse and jockey that wins. Which horse is Rosie riding? "Unlimited Budget"?

I wish we still got TV coverage of Steeplechases.

The one event I make sure I see for the Summer Olympics are the Equestrian Events. Spike thinks I am a nut for loving the beauty of a horse. When I told him that after 17 hands high they no longer measure a horses height, he got a blank look on his face. I tried to tell him the difference between a blaze and a star. Another blank look. I also get a blank look for the fetlocks and withers.

My legs are so short, that they have to shorten the stirrups as far as they can. So I gave up riding them. Sometime if the horse was just too tall, (mostly geldings) I couldn't even reach up far enough to put the saddle on.

I have often wonder what is the criteria the owners and trainers use for newborn colts to be turned into geldings. It is usually done not to far after birth. How do they know that that race colt won't be a winner. And it has been shown over the years that stallions have more heart than geldings. Imagine if they had turned Secretariat into a gelding at birth. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom