DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I enjoyed a nice hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream at lunch. I took a friend out for her bday since I have to work on Friday and that's when her actual bday falls.

I really shouldn't have done that because I'm going to the carnival tonight for funnel cake.

I see extra metformin pills in my day today

Morning! Its a rainy one here. As is usual when a storm front is moving in I have a headache. Sucks to be a human barometer. I just got some Excedrin migraine from a friend who visited Vegas recently, but did I remember that in time to try it out on this headache? *sigh* I'm such a moron.

So instead, I'm treating it with coffee, water and the usual tylenol/ibuprofen piggyback. I'm down to about a 4/10 and think I can get myself to work. Anyone else roaming around this morning? I have fresh brooooownieeeees!

Each caplet contains:

Tylenol 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg
Caffeine 65 mg

So your combination is perfect along with the chocolate from brownies...those make everything better.:)

Sorry about the headache.

Morning! Its a rainy one here. As is usual when a storm front is moving in I have a headache. Sucks to be a human barometer. I just got some Excedrin migraine from a friend who visited Vegas recently, but did I remember that in time to try it out on this headache? *sigh* I'm such a moron.

So instead, I'm treating it with coffee, water and the usual tylenol/ibuprofen piggyback. I'm down to about a 4/10 and think I can get myself to work. Anyone else roaming around this morning? I have fresh brooooownieeeees!

I must have missed this thread. I hope your head is feeling better. When I use to work swing shifts I would get migraines every time I had to work 3rd shift. I use to take 800mg of Motrin and sit on my sofa with a wet cloth on a TV tray with my head down on it. That's the only thing that worked for me.

Also, did you know that Novartis owns Excedrin? I only know that because they own my company also.

Last edited:
I must have missed this thread. I hope your head is feeling better. When I use to work swing shifts I would get migraines every time I had to work 3rd shift. I use to take 800mg of Motrin and sit on my sofa with a wet cloth on a TV tray with my head down on it. That's the only thing that worked for me.

Also, did you know that Novartis owns Excedrin? I only know that because they own my company also.

Last year I went through a spell where I was getting debilitating migrains. The only thing that worked for me was to vomit. As soon as I stopped vomitting, BANG! The headache was gone. My eyes were open, my head was up and I felt just fine. You would never know that five seconds ago I was ready to be taken to the hospital. A couple of time I did have to go. What ever they gave me worked. An IV, put me in a dark room and an hour later sent me on my way. :angel:

Hi friends, pray for wisdom for the firefighters fighting the Black Forest fire. Please also pray for their safety. Pray for an end to the flames and wind and heat. Thank you.

Hi friends, pray for wisdom for the firefighters fighting the Black Forest fire. Please also pray for their safety. Pray for an end to the flames and wind and heat. Thank you.

chopper, mine has already been sent up. My heart goes out to your friends and all the others who have lost their homes. :angel:

Thanks PF. The Excedrin didn't get rid of it totally, blunted it a bit though. I felt better once the storm passed at 9pm. Then today I felt it start coming back...didn't get to the drugs in time and got hit hard. I crashed for a couple of hours after work and guess what???? Another thunderstorm hit. Its passed now, and I'm starting to feel better. Sheesh. This is stupid.

I'm having some tea and catching up. Missed you all the last day or so.

Ice isn't helping? Maybe its time for something stronger? Can I pour a little something in your tea?

Boss wants to treat my shoulder with vodka...she says after a couple I won't care that I can't move it without pain. Still can't believe I separated my shoulder...

Boss wants to treat my shoulder with vodka...she says after a couple I won't care that I can't move it without pain. Still can't believe I separated my shoulder...

Hope your arm is still attached to it!

BTW, take vodka internally, not topically.

Your boss has the right idea. My solution was going to be brandy. Knocks me flat on my bum and out like a light. Have a great sleep and then you feel more able to manage the pain the next day.

Hugs PF, sucks to be in pain. I was one irritable b word at work the last two days. Thankfully, the kids are pretty forgiving.

Your boss has the right idea. My solution was going to be brandy. Knocks me flat on my bum and out like a light. Have a great sleep and then you feel more able to manage the pain the next day.

Hugs PF, sucks to be in pain. I was one irritable b word at work the last two days. Thankfully, the kids are pretty forgiving.

I think I'll just double the Xanax tonight...not much of a drinker, it interferes with the medications.:LOL:

The shoulder only hurts when I move it...:ROFLMAO:

PF why do things like this happen to only the nice folks? I sure hope Shrek is giving you lots of love and sympathy. (I know, I have a silly sense of humor.) :angel:

My muscles hurt more today than the shoulder joint, I went ahead and took some ibuprofen, even though I'm not supposed to. I figured once a week is not going to hurt anything as long as I don't overdo it and watch for bleeding. I've been protecting the shoulder so much the muscles are all knotted up.

Oh dear. {{{{{Hugs, PF}}}}}

I'm okay, Dawg...I put some dangley earrings on so I would notice sooner when I was starting to pull my shoulder up. It's worked pretty good.

Shrek doesn't know it yet, but he is going to be rubbing the nice Icy hot into both my shoulders:)

Back
Top Bottom