DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes it just comes to me.

I'm going to sit over here in the corner and finish my book...Maroon 5 on the earbuds.

In a few hours I will be enjoying my last cup of room service coffee snd breakfast. We dock at Vancouver's harbour in 7 hours and then wait our turn to get off. it has been a wonderful week and enjoying that morning cup on the balcony has been a highlight.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Sooo...after I left here yesterday I went off to work to interview for my position. (To make my job a permanent one) THEN I went in to do my shift at work and what do you suppose I did within about an hour of arriving? You guessed it...smashed the owie part of my foot on the corner of the freezer. Freak. OW!

So, I don't have to leave here for a few more hours and I'm going to have a bit of peace. I put cinnamon buns in this morning and I also put on a pot of that lovely coffee .40 left. Anyone want to join me? I'm going to read for a while here. Just finished Personal by Lee Child and Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs. That made me want to reread Night Broken so that's what I'm into right now. Be loud when you come in...I'm at a jumpy part!

Who gave the House Elves clothes? They would still be here taking care of the kittens, dusting and cleaning if that hadn't happened.

I didn't hurt my foot Vit, Alix did! I'm sure she will share the Bailey's.

By all means bring in the wine, wood and song.

oops, sorry about YOUR hurt foot, alix. my mistake, pf, i get obtuse like that sometimes, 'specially in the late night hours. i'm glad you brought up the elves. they've been on my mind. what is the likelihood that they will return home voluntarily, do you suppose? i wonder if there is something we can do to help bring them back. how about if we set out some little trinkets and elfie things out in the yard, or maybe place a dish of the elve's favorite snacks on an open window sill? the place just isn't the same without the elves, their antics and playful ways, or their obsessvie penchant for cleaning and orderliness. if they don't come home soon though, we'll be forced to think about advertising for cleaning help again.

Last edited:
Hi girls. I heard all the chatter and just had to come by. I brought a plant of shamrocks. If we put them outside, maybe the house elves will come back.

Vit I am sorry about the kitties. Just send them back to me. Teddy loves to play with them. Oddly enough his favorite food is Meow Mix. Strange dog.

It is so cozy warm here. Our temps went down to 47ºF last night. My apartment was 61ºF. when I got up this morning. I didn't stay up too long. I got my cup of coffee and jumped back into a warm bed real quick. For someone who is on blood thinners, that is just too cold. They still haven't turned the HVAC system over to heat. I have the thermostat on heat with the fan on high. I will know instantly when the heat goes on. I hope it is today.

I think I will just sit here and hug all the heat. Right now a cup of cocoa will go good with those brownies. But only a small piece. Sugar, you know. BTW, there is a lemon custard pie out in the kitchen. Enjoy! :angel:

Psst, vit? I'm sneaking in the back. I bet Alix put the Bailey's in the pantry. I hope there's room on the shelf for this 3-liter box of wine. Getting a bit of a chill in these parts and you never know when someone *cough cough* might not be able to sleep and wants a quiet place to read and sip.

We have a nice pile of firewood in the way-back of our yard. If anyone is interested, I'll bring a bundle or two next time I come out. But we ALL have to promise that if we start a fire in the hearth we have to remember to break it up completely before we leave. Kinda like the last one out needs to shut the lights. ;)

fall is practically here. we're already feeling signs of seasonal change in the brisk morning air, and in the cool evenings of late. cg, you, your wine and firewood are all always welcome at the klatch, as you well know.:)

Last edited:
I'ma sit in the corner with my DVD player and headphones so I can watch Godzilla. Don't mind me. I'll fix myself a coffee and a slice of the lemon pie for snacks.

Hey guys! Did you see all the leaves in the yard? I walked around aimlessly for a bit shooshing them with my feet. FUN! Kind of weird that its so warm out now when it was so cold this morning.

Still doing coffee though. Hey PF, I put your DVD player up in the cabinet as it looked like it was going to get knocked off that end table.

Butter toffee coffee this morning. Mmmmm! Smells so good. And off to read my daughter's blog. Love that kid.

Thanks, Alix! I fell asleep soon after watching. I better get the battery recharged.

Coffee and cheddar rolls for breakfast this morning. Picked up the cheddar rolls from the bakery as they came out of the oven this morning.

Talked to Bubba today. He's been horse tradin again. That middle room with no windows upstairs that nobody quite knows what to do is now our home theater.

I had a extra 60" Flat ScreenTV that we don't have room for in the new house that I setup in that room. Bubba brought in some leather theater seating that he traded for. Says he installed a water heater for man and got the seats in payment.

We still need a surround sound stereo system to go with it. Anybody have an extra one lying around?

Talked to Bubba today. He's been horse tradin again. That middle room with no windows upstairs that nobody quite knows what to do is now our home theater.

I had a extra 60" Flat ScreenTV that we don't have room for in the new house that I setup in that room. Bubba brought in some leather theater seating that he traded for. Says he installed a water heater for man and got the seats in payment.

We still need a surround sound stereo system to go with it. Anybody have an extra one lying around?

It's not high end but I do have one in the closet. Have Bubba install it, too many wires. It was too much for our small living room.

oh goody, movie nights! i have dvds with cameron's 'avatar' and 'titanic 3d', just begging to be showcased on a large screen tv. i've not seen a 3d movie in recent times, and am not up on the technology. d'you know if anything is needed besides those 3d glasses to enjoy the special 3d effects?
thanks, .40. you come up with the neatest ideas for upgrades to the coffeehouse. it'll be fun too, just like old times, seeing ol' bubba again--still got his game on, i see....

Ooooo! Cool beans! I love it when I come back to new stuff in da howse. 60 incher! WOW! I have a bunch of movies on an external hard drive if that TV is a smart TV.

I need to put my feet up for a bit. Most of my work today was above the shoulders, but I find I'm just as tired as if I'd run all day! WOW! Got a bowl of peanut M&Ms going and a cup of that mystery blonde roast someone left in the pantry. Mmmmm! Percy Jackson is just about to kick some cyclops butt in my book. I'm all set.

Thanks .40, PF and Bubba!

Ooooo! Cool beans! I love it when I come back to new stuff in da howse. 60 incher! WOW! I have a bunch of movies on an external hard drive if that TV is a smart TV.

I need to put my feet up for a bit. Most of my work today was above the shoulders, but I find I'm just as tired as if I'd run all day! WOW! Got a bowl of peanut M&Ms going and a cup of that mystery blonde roast someone left in the pantry. Mmmmm! Percy Jackson is just about to kick some cyclops butt in my book. I'm all set.

Thanks .40, PF and Bubba!
Blonde roast? I assume that means a light roast? Well, in that case, I'll join you.

hey coffee mates, i just put in my order for dark magic and donut kcups, 96 count, for $35.17!! say whattt? yess, sweet--that's just 37 cents per kcup. it's one of those brad's deals. the merchant is staples. just follow the directions in the link and use the code given. there are several different flavors, and delivery is free for this size order.
Coffee & Tea Deals – The best online deals & sales on Coffee & Tea

Last edited:
in honor of national coffee day, i have brought a small bottle of kahlua to sweeten our coffee cups, and a sour cream streusel cake that i baked this morning, from a new recipe, for the occasion. hope y'all like it.

Back
Top Bottom