"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #741
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
kookie, kookie, lend me your comb...remember ed byrnes? route 66?...
Kookie was character in the TV show, 77 Sunset Strip, not Route 66. Okay, the names are kinda similar, but I was a big fan of Kookie.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #742
Executive Chef

it's a surprise to be hearing from YOU taxy! aren't you way too young to be remembering kookie? but, you are absolutely right, it was 77 sunset strip. typing route 66 didn't feel quite right, but i didn't know exactly why.:) i shoulda googled it, huh?

thanks, taxy. you're working mighty hard lately, keeping me honest, right?:)

Old 05-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #743
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
it's a surprise to be hearing from YOU taxy! aren't you way too young to be remembering kookie? but, you are absolutely right, it was 77 sunset strip. typing route 66 didn't feel quite right, but i didn't know exactly why.:) i shoulda googled it, huh?

thanks, taxy. you're working mighty hard lately, keeping me honest, right?:)
Way too young? I don't think so. It ran from 1958 to 1964. It just happened to be a show I remember fairly well, especially the theme song. I took jazz dance for a little while and we used that song. It was very cool.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #744
Master Chef

Thought I'd wander back here with a nightcap beer, if that's alright with you guys? Also have a silly kitty question. Do any of you cat parents have kitties that like egg cartons? Whenever I have one of those pressed cardboard style ones I stomp it flat for the recycling bag. One day I stomped it but didn't pick it up right away...and kitty found it. She now HAS to have one at all times under the small table I have in my kitchen's work area! She'll lay on it, paw at it, rub her cheeks on it. Such a silly kitty!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #745
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Thought I'd wander back here with a nightcap beer, if that's alright with you guys? Also have a silly kitty question. Do any of you cat parents have kitties that like egg cartons? Whenever I have one of those pressed cardboard style ones I stomp it flat for the recycling bag. One day I stomped it but didn't pick it up right away...and kitty found it. She now HAS to have one at all times under the small table I have in my kitchen's work area! She'll lay on it, paw at it, rub her cheeks on it. Such a silly kitty!

kitties and their idiosyncrasies, ya gotta love 'em, right? does your kitty tear the egg carton to shreds, or chew on it? one of my cats had this thing for styrofoam cups. i couldn't have them around her. she would reduce a styro cup to a pile of white bits of foam in a matter of minutes. thankfully, she had no interest in eating them, but it certainly was an obsession, the way she went at it, intently ripping and tearing away, getting her teeth stuck, striped little orange head, jerking away at the effort....
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #746
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
No, Shrederik has never shown any particular interest in egg cartons. I think I have one in the recycling bin now. I'll have to see if he wants to play with it. Something else to entertain The Shredster would be good.

He likes tape. Unfortunately, he eats it. We have to be very careful of any pieces of tape. Little weirdos, aren't they?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #747
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Vit, Kylie is in Adelaide, which is 13.5 hours ahead of us in the eastern time zone. So it's about midnight there now. There are five time zones in Oz.
I don't know if it is because of Kylie but our PBS station has been showing a lot of Aussie documentaries lately. And I am hooked on them. I sure have learned a lot about our sometimes forgotten sixth continent. I love watching the ER in St. Vincent Hospital in Sydney. They have some crazy folks down under. And I am getting lessons in a totally new language. I really have to pay attention to what they are saying. It could be worse. They could be speaking aborignie to me.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #748
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I don't know if it is because of Kylie but our PBS station has been showing a lot of Aussie documentaries lately. And I am hooked on them. I sure have learned a lot about our sometimes forgotten sixth continent. I love watching the ER in St. Vincent Hospital in Sydney. They have some crazy folks down under. And I am getting lessons in a totally new language. I really have to pay attention to what they are saying. It could be worse. They could be speaking aborignie to me.
Your "ear" will get used to the Aussie English as you keep watching. I'm sure lots of folks had a hard time with some of the Brit English and now hardly notice the difference.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #749
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Latté likes kleenx. Luckily she only takes them one at a time. She loves the sound of them ripping, she also likes newspaper for the same reason.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #750
Chef Extraordinaire

With all the English imports I watch, and having been married to an Englishman with a Scotsman's accent, I learned quite a lot of it. Will I never stop using the word 'nappies' and get back to my American heritage?

Tags
coffee