"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Executive Chef
Describe your current surroundings

As I type, it's a clear dark night. Callum is wide awake in my lap, I'm holding him in one arm and typing with my left hand. DH is downstairs reading books to Aidan while they lie in bed. The house is clean, I spent all day doing so. It's quiet, just my husband's voice reading peacefully. 33F degrees outside.

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Executive Chef
DH channel surfing between the Grammys and basketball ..............I just don't understand today's music.........just alot of noise. My puppy asleep by his side.

wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:29 AM   #3
I'm at work listening to Gary Numan music on Winamp. I'm eating a spicy tuna salad concoction I made before coming to work. I'm surrounded by TVs and Computers.
VIDEODROME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
morning,cold and foggy out, fixing to get ready and take my doggie to the groomers... venturing out in the cold no fun... even if it is Fl...
kimbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #5
Master Chef
Listening to the morning news, 18 wheeler crashed and killed the driver. Was hauling tile and it's all over a major highway. DH is singing while he's getting ready for work.
My bedroom is in the living room. Someone needs to make the bed. LOL
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
Executive Chef
Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
I'm sitting at our computer, the shade on the bedroom window is up and for once the afternoon is off to a sunny start. I'm alone in the house and am not listening to anything but the sound of the computer and my fingers on the keyboard. The room itself is chilly, it almost always is because it's an old building with stone walls, zillions of drafts and no insulation. I'm wrapped in a fleece blanket and smiling as I read everyone else's descriptions of their own surroundings

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I'm sitting downstairs at the computer, drinking a cup of decaf coffee. I just got my teenager off to jr. high and am now trying to get as much "stuff" done before my sweet baby wakes up - oh, and i did 50 sit ups - had to include that because that is a rare! Happy Day!
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Sunny outside... a LOT of snow. cold.
Only one home. radio on, 100 pound
yellow lab at my feet.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
i'm at my desk/bench, computer in front of me, keyboard to the side (it's really tough to type 1 handed and sideways), while i'm repairing a switch module for one of our air switchers. it was our spare, and when i tried to use it the other night, it caused the system to freak out. there musta been a short somewhare, so i soldered out all of the questionable looking and broken switches, replaced them and all of the lamps, and now i have to put it back in a system for a test. there's a tv on behind me with cnbc's market news, and another with cbs programming on ("the price is right").

my desk is a mess with spare parts, tools, a soldering station, a stack of disk drives to test, schematics and prints, recipes , and i keep pushing my chair into an oscilloscope that the guy next to me is using. i keep getting dirty looks.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #10
Head Chef
My desk and computer are in my bedroom. My bed is not made and the room is lit only by a bankers lamp on my desk and a low wattage tiffany lamp on my bedside table. I haven't opened the blinds yet, so it's pretty dark except on my desktop (and even that is not too brightly lit). I'm having my second cup of coffee and catching up with various message boards and email as I listen to Faith Hill on the radio.

Opening blinds and making bed next.

Dogs have owners ~ Cats have staff.
The Z is offline   Reply With Quote