Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(jkath walks in carrying a huge box)

I've brought over 20 dozen hot cinnamon rolls - any takers?

(making a new pot of vanilla coffee, filling up the creamers and sugarbowls)

Hey - has anyone seen Sushi lately? I asked him to get me a special mug and he hasn't been back...gee wonder if it's something I said....

Thier - have fun at Disneyworld! We've never gone, since D-land is only 30 minutes away. They're getting ready for their 50th anniversary on May 5, so there's a lot of construction going on.

Bang, I like your gator! If he still is hungry, I think I saw one or two canadian geese trying to convince the game warden they were from Ohio. (they're hiding in Dove's wood shed)

Crewsk - so glad your water heater isn't busted up! Whew!
Our latest mishap was when the 9-year old screamed from the shower because the glass door had shattered (original 1955 shower doors didn't have safety glass either!) Fortunately he only got a small cut on his hand.

Alix, I was hoping you hadn't turned on Wayne's World yet - I haven't seen that for at least 5 years:

"I've had plenty of joe-jobs, nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it this way: I have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets. "

Yeah Im wondering the same thing Jkath! :LOL: :LOL:

Just kidding! CONGRATS CREWSK!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Of course I need an addy to send it to ya. I will PM you with my phone number. :chef:

I LOOOOVE the ears Jkath! I already had two strangers feed my cheese and another grabbed me and asked why his cursor wasnt moving! :rolleyes:

Of course you can have a personalized mug silly! Here is the 300 page coffee mug catalong. Becarful of section 5 though..... its a bit racey!! :shock:

Alix said:
I have a lasagna ready for dinner tonight. I have some dinner rolls ready to go in the oven and a caesar salad ready to go too. Anyone got anything to add to that?

:LOL: I am making lasagna too.

Last edited:
Boom is trainin the gator now........he says there are lots of little gators in the lake too. Swimming will be out of the qustion for now.....however I hired a guy to come in and build a Gator Barrier around a 200 foot sandy beach. I got a permit from DNR to do it. Everyone will have keys to get through the barrier gate. Just make sure you don't leave the gate open or the gators can get in.

Alix I would LOVE some lasangna!! What kind is it? Also so sweet and sour soup would be great! :)

Anyone know how to make sweet and sour soup?

Bang..... it gets cold over here. How could a gator survive here? I dont think its safe for us to have little gators running around! :shock:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
But its a coffee mug catalog. :blink: Are there mugs that look like shoes? I know I wouldnt want to even THINK about drinking ANYTHING out of a shoe! :-p :sick:

never mind.:neutral:

Bang, does the gator barrier hold in the wee gators, or do we have to look in the corners of the cafe regularly? Good thing my gym is upstairs!

BTW - today I took my kids to a bakery (old bakery/new owners) in our little town's village. They have 3 pound loaves of anything you can imagine, and lovely round rolls for filling with chili & soup.
The wonderful owner gave (not sold, gave!) me 2 bags of dinner rolls: sourdough & squaw. YUM! She has a customer for life!

<<jkath unties RSGA and lays it on the bar. She grabs a water bottle, a towel and heads upstairs to the gym>>

There's a big prime rib in the oven, folks, and I've made some creamy dill carrots to go with it. The fresh rolls are on the counter, if anyone's hungry.
later guys!

i did a leg of lamb with rosemary and some minted peas. the late night crew loves my lamb. gotta mash my redskins.
bang, can't we just eat that big 'ol gator's tail?
frog legs are selling for a good price, too; we can have that for a dinner theme one night.:LOL:

BTW - today I took my kids to a bakery (old bakery/new owners) in our little town's village. They have 3 pound loaves of anything you can imagine, and lovely round rolls for filling with chili & soup.
The wonderful owner gave (not sold, gave!) me 2 bags of dinner rolls: sourdough & squaw. YUM! She has a customer for life!
I see how it is! I have given you my warm buns before and I didnt even get a thank you! :rolleyes: :-p

jkath said:
There's a big prime rib in the oven, folks, and I've made some creamy dill carrots to go with it. The fresh rolls are on the counter, if anyone's hungry.
later guys!

Did someone say prime rib:ohmy: Love it:excl: Reminded me of a fav restaurant years ago called Gulliver's. We'd order the prime rib, yorkshire pudding & think it came with creamed spinach or creamed corn. DELISH:excl:

Can I tempt anyone with their (Gulliver's) menu?

DINNER MENU
STEAKS OF ACCLAIM

CHATEAUBRIAND

Center cut tenderloin, served with a truffle sauce.

$27.95

"PRIME" NEW YORK STEAK

16 oz cut served with your choice of herb butter or pepper style.

$32.95

FILET MIGNON

10 oz. Prime filet with seasoned herb butter, or béarnaise sauce.

$26.95

PORTERHOUSE

A 20 oz. cut, served with cognac pepper sauce.

$31.50

AGED CHARBROILED RIB EYE

The pride of the house! Served with port wine mushroom sauce.

$28.95

PRIME RIB OF BEEF

Served with Gulliver’s Famous creamed corn, spinach, creamed horseradish, au jus and Yorkshire pudding.

GULLIVER'S PRIME CUT $25.95
A generous portion, fit for a king.
TRADITIONAL ENGLISH CUT $25.95
Thinly sliced English style.
BROBDINGNAGIAN (BROB-DING-NA-GIAN) $33.95
The biggest, best and bone in.

ENCORE SPECIALTIES

COLORADO RACK OF LAMB

Glazed with rosemary sauce, served with vegetables and potatoes

$29.95

ROASTED LONG ISLAND DUCK

With apple compote, red wine cabbage and lingonberry sauce

$21.95

CHEF RAMONE'S CHICKEN BREAST
Stuffed with artichoke hearts, Portabella mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes.

$20.95

STUFFED "IOWA" PORK CHOP
A double thick pork chop, stuffed with Shitaki mushrooms and Marsala sauce.

$20.95

BBQ PRIME RIB BONES
Served smokey BBQ sauce, french fries and cole slaw.

$19.95

VEAL OSCAR

Served with asparagus, crab leg meat and garlic béarnaise sauce.

$25.95

BABY BACK RIBS
A full slab of succulent ribs with twice baked potato and cole slaw.

$23.95

GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATE
Fresh vegetables, marinated with herbs and vinaigrette.

$17.95

HOUSE BBQ COMBO
Rotisserie chicken, beef ribs and baby back pork ribs

$23.95

ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
Marinated in herbs, cooked to perfection

$19.95

GULLIVER’S DESSERTS

ENGLISH TRIFLE(Specialty of the House)

Layers of sponge cake, Bavarian cream, raspberries and whipping cream laced with sherry wine.

$6.75

CRÈME BRULE

Creamy custard pudding, filled with raspberries and caramelized sugar crust.

$6.75

CHOCOLATE CAKE

Layers of dark and white ganache, served in espresso cream sauce.

$6.75

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE

Classic N.Y. style cheesecake, in a raspberry melba sauce.

$6.75

CARROT CAKE

A traditional favorite, topped with a rich cream cheese frosting.

$6.75

CHOCOLATE FLOURETTE

Almond flour combined with sweet chocolate, served with vanilla sauce.

$6.75

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Served with a raspberry melba sauce.

$6.75

Bread Pudding

Served warm with Jack Daniel's sauce and topped with whipped cream.

$6.75

Whos Gulliver?
33.gif
And why would we pay for food when we get all our food for free? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom