Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any chance I can get a large cup of coffee to go
and a apple fritter?? I've got a list a mile long to get
done today.

look, sush. i know you were being a crab-as* for a couple of hours last night before you edited your very not-nice message, but i know the cafe is a big deal to you, and sush, IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE! i know i'll be by daily! we LUV your place!
just cause it doesn't have a sticky doesn't mean a thing; not for such a happy, comfy, home-like thread.
now remove the chains and the protest signs, and i'll cancel your surgery. BUT, if you keep fasting, i'm NOT cancelling surgery, because we NEED you around to keep our place going.
call me later, okay? we have to make up!
weed came by and had nice things to say about the cafe!
knock off the worrying.
as IF we'd let our beloved cafe just go down the drain!

kitchenelf said:
jkath - there's a place in Cleveland called I believe Syman's (I think that's how you spell it - it's on Sinclair Ave somewhere around 30th or 40th??? Middie, does that sound right?) - they serve sandwiches like that - absolutely awesome. They've been in business since the early 50's and I get one whenever I go back.

Actually, that photo was from the new "carnagie deli" located at the Mirage in Las Vegas. Apparently each sandwich is made with 1-1/2 lbs. of meat!
I'm so excited, as that's one of the places I'm staying at this summer, and they've already sent me passes to the deli.
Hooray!

yes elf there is... it's either slyman's or sliman's. i can't remember how it's spelled. EXCELLENT HUGMUNGOUS corned beef sandwiches. the best in town !!!

Last edited:
Ok, Ok, Elf and JKath!

I guess I have to get busy. I just got several bags of walnuts, so I think I will make an old fashioned walnut cake.

Hey Elf! Did you see my new toy -- The chrome Kitchenaid G? His name is Silver Surfer!

Deadly Sushi; You misunderstand what I'm trying to do. And you miuderstood the purpose of the sticky. I'm not trying to compete with you. Mine and Luv's Sammy shop is an exercise in running a virtual Sandwich shop, complete with the hassles of ordering supplies, paying for bills, food preperation, etc. I could never open a shop in real life as I haven't the capitol to do such a thing. And besides, the health insurance coverage alone would send me into bankruptcy. The virtual Sammy shop will let me explore a dream in a safe environment, a place where I can create and test new ideas, see how virtual customers respond to the ideas, the menues, the atmosphere, etc. And you are more than welcome to join in, if you so desire. Your shop and mine are to completely different projects. We are no threat to each other.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I appologize from my un-Sushi-like manner. I just had a bad day and I hadent had anything to eat the whole day. And I like things that I love that dont change. SO...... to everyone, Im sorry. :neutral:

Especially sorry to Weed of the North.

Im going to have a *going into lounge and grabbing bottle* few tasty beverages
66.gif
66.gif
and then hop into one of the golf carts and take a few laps around the lake. :rolleyes:

jkath said:
Choclate......
is that cake I smell?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I'll brew some cinnamon pecan coffee to go with it.

Sorry to take so long, but I got distracted. Here is your nice warm walnut cake!

I even made my own special icing......to make up for my tardy behavior.

Have all you want middie.

There are not many calories here in the Cafe!

And I can whip up another cake in a flash.

Back
Top Bottom