Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~slipping key into lock and opening the door~

'morning, guys! i'm going to get started on breakfast.
since the place is empty i think i'll skip cooking any eggs- don't want them to overcook.
french toast and hot strawberry topping will hold up well.
i broght some of Mom's chili with me, too, to make for the lunch crowd.

I'm grabbing a cup of coffee & some ice cream to go. I think I'm going to lay in bed & watch Titanic, Moulin Rouge, Dirty Dancing, or Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, just can't decide which one yet. See y'all later!:)

'morning all -
can I have some of Mom's chili, Luvs?

Crewsk, I've only seen one of those, so I can't give a recommendation...
Tonight I'm watching The merchant of Venice(the latest one with Al pacino, Jeremy Irons & Joseph Fiennes.) Shakespeare rocks.

Sushi, I'm not too great at scheduling - I get sidetracked when they offer me food. The BBBBs have asked for an all-fruit buffet, btw.

I suggest Thier as your new scheduling manager.
<<phone rings, jkath answers>>
Thier, maybe you can take this call - it's from the
Giggling Gardening Great Grandmas. They say they need to be worked in alongside the Hawaiian Hunky Heros and the Fabulous Friends of FireFighters.
Thanks!

<<sprinkling grated cheddar on top, grabbing a handful of saltines>>

gulp.
YUM! Tell Mom she's hired!

well, kiddos, back to laundry-land - catch ya later

Hey Sush; Never been in here. Quite a nice place you got, and such great clientelle. Do ya think you could whip up some fresh brook trout, you know, teh good stuff, from the icy waters of Lake Superior? Just dredge 'em in a bit of flour, salt lightly and pan fry. And I think a side order of sweet-spuds, with just a bit of orange-juice glaze, and coconut sprinkled on top. And I need something hot and green. Got anything special in that area, like some steamed artichoke or something? And I'd like a bit of melted butter with that, oh, and a cold glass of real milk.

Thanks. Oh, by the way, maybe you could stop by and give me and Luv's some pointers. We're building a new Sammy Shop on the other side of town and we're both new at this. Luv's a gem. But we could use some experienced advise. Hope to see ya there.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

*getting phone and hitting INTERCOM*

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! Our beloved Discuss Cooking Virtual Cafe has been removed from the honor of being a "STICKY"!!! :mad:

After more than FOUR THOUSAND visits from folks that enjoyed our virtual establishment we have been removed from being the headliner of the Off Topic Chat. After ALL the work.... after pouring our heart into making this a fun thread we have the dishonor of being tossed into the regular mix of things. After every person that has contributed to our Cafe..... after all our ideas..... all the fun and coffee served every morning..... WE have been downgraded to just a standard thread!!!
11.gif

Our beloved sancuary is in danger of being NO MORE. :(

Therefore I am tying myself to the palm tree in the atrium with chains until we are being put back where we belong. Plus Im going on a hunger strike!!! I figure I can last about a week. And Im starting it now. *putting down phone* *calling store and ordering chain*

Hello, Goodweed -
Here's your trout - sorry it took so long, but it's a long flight from California to Lake Superior! The orange juice glaze is made from my neighbor's orange tree. Hope you like it!

Sushi, Sushi, Sushi...you are silly.
Since we post on it every day, it'll keep getting bumped to the front page anyway. Never mind about if it's sticky or not. You just keep happy here, and we'll see you every day. Don't worry!
I've put on Vertigo for you, and I've had a plate of your favorite Sushi flown in from Japan. Hopefully that will make you :)

Again, you are one big silly.

You don't need to budge! I like this cafe, and I know many others do too.
But, considering there's like a bizzillion posts, I'm thinking it will act as it's own sticky.
A while ago I asked if it was getting to be a ghost town, and I remember a certain person who shall remain nameless (okay, it was you) saying it would last.
You were right!
Just keep the coffee pots filled, make sure Bang keeps up on the wine cellar,
and keep soaking in the jacuzzi.
Did you like the Sushi I imported for you?

I stand by what I said. If everyone that belongs to our Cafe feels the same way as you then so be it. :neutral: But I look forward visiting here to see whats going on even a few times a day. (I know.... get a life) And this will kill this thread. Period. And Im not about to let that happen! And Im not eatting anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom