Do you like the Munsters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you had the money, what T.V. house would you want to live int=?

• Munsters

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Adams Family

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Leave it to Beaver

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Brady Bunch

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Dallas

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Sigmond and the Sea Monsters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like my house, freak!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • other: List which one.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

texasgirl

Master Chef
These people love them, obviously!!
The two sites are of the house in Waxahachie, Texas. Very cool. BTW, some of the picture popups, take a second, but, they show different angles of the rooms, so, wait before you hit the back button. Every window and door shows a part of the house.
This is a little of the story about the house
http://www.texastwisted.com/attr/munstermansion/

This gives you a little tour.
http://www.munstermansion.com/index_files/page0004.htm

DOH, I forgot to put this in the poll.
I would love to live in a dupilicate of Tara, the plantation house from "Gone With the Wind"

Last edited:
OK, I know I'm wierd but I would want The Adams Family house. It's big & spooky. Bu, I only want it if Lurch, Thing, & Cousin It are there too!!

crewsk said:
OK, I know I'm wierd but I would want The Adams Family house. It's big & spooky. Bu, I only want it if Lurch, Thing, & Cousin It are there too!!

I love that show too!! Cousin it is my favorite. My oldest son would put a sheet and a hat on and wobble around making gibberish noises when he was about 4 or 5:LOL:

Glenbogle House, the victorian pile used in the BBC TV series set in Scotland called 'Monarch of the Glen' :)

bogletearoom2.jpg
is this it?
I love old manor and plantation looking houses

texasgirl said:
bogletearoom2.jpg
is this it?
I love old manor and plantation looking houses
Ishbel said:
No, TG - that looks more like a B&B or a pub - The house that is called 'Glenbogle' in the series is actually called Arverickie house..

Here's a photograph
http://www.newtonmore.com/monarchsouth.htm
If you notice the picture Texasgirl posted is actually included in that link. It is the Clan Macpherson Museum, and it said it is across the road. Interesting. I'm with you Ishbel, that is an amazing looking "house."

:) Barbara

The Ardverikie estate is quite large - they allow visitors to walk on one side of the loch, but not near the house.

Barbara - Interesting info re the museum... I bet they get lots of Canadian, Aussie, American and New Zealand visitors, all with the name MacPherson! Maybe the museum is at the gates of the estate.

Not a TV house, but the Hearst Castle. Not sure if it was used in the making of the movie "Citizen Cane." Went on a tour once, and can't help wondering what it might have been like to live there during its heyday and all the celebrity parties.

neptune.jpg
roman_pool_500px.jpg

Here's a link to take an on-line tour:
http://www.hearstcastle.com/tours/index.asp

Last edited:
My favorite TV house is "Millstone Manor", a farm that was used in the Brittish TV show "Grace and Favour" (known here in the U.S. as "Are You Being Served Again?")

~ Raven ~

da da da dada da dadada!!

all great homes, but the greatest place for me would be the tree house from the orig. SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON, i would love to live in a tree, hard to find a good big *** tree with all the **** mesquite here in S. TEXAS:ohmy:

urmaniac13 said:
Not from TV but my fav is sort of Thomas Kinkade design...

img_186574_0_49448a334748cc8198ef01f0aa714cc4.jpg

I would like to know if his paintings are from inspiration or just from out of his head. He obviously liked Cobblestone houses and he brings them to life. Very good artist!

Addam's family all the way! I just love Victorian houses, design and furniture! Couple that with my fav holiday (lol, I think you've all picked up on what that is by now :LOL:) and I'd be in TV house heaven...Now if only I had Mortica's figure to go with the house :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom