"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis
Wow, I'm surprised at all the non-bedmakers! I thought everyone out of college made their beds daily!

Takes less than a minute to make it in the morning. So much nicer to come home to, to look at any time of day, and to climb into at night.

Lee
Right on!!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #32
Master Chef

I alway made my bed every day...couldn't stand to get into an un-made bed. But we have a water bed which is lower than a regular bed, and it hurts my back something awful to make it. After looking at messy sheets for several months, I came to a solution. We sleep on top of the bedspread, and each cover up with our own coverlets. All I have to do to make it look neat is fluff the pillows and spread out or fold the coverlets.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis
Wow, I'm surprised at all the non-bedmakers! I thought everyone out of college made their beds daily!

Takes less than a minute to make it in the morning. So much nicer to come home to, to look at any time of day, and to climb into at night.

Lee

The reason I don't have time to make mine in the morning, DH is still in until right as I'm telling him bye. I will not be late to my job for any reason, not even a bed. Resides, I don't know how big your bed is, but, it takes a lot longer than a minute to make mine.

Ya know, not everyone in the world cares whether or not a bed is made. DH can't stand that I make it at all. He says why bother when your going to mess it up anyway.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #34
Sous Chef

Part of my morning routine!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #35
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm with Alix and Katie E. I do pull the top sheet and comforter up. If the cat jumps up on the bed during the day I don't want anything on the sheet if his little "puddy paws" are dirty, and if the horse (oops, I mean our new puppy) jumps on there I don't want his baseball mitts on the sheets either. James is often in bed when I leave so I just usually tuck it all in over his head. Just kidding of course! He probably wouldn't notice though! Even though I don't make it "properly" I do think one of the best feelings in the world is a freshly made bed, tightly tucked, with freshly washed and dried sheets, blankets, and pillow cases.

Barbara
Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #36
Senior Cook

I am a bed maker. I have a real bedspread not the more popular "duvets" I like the look better. I have one for summer that is lighter.

Since we moved to 2 story house and our bedroom is on the second floor I have been able to not make the bed up, but I still prefer having the bed made. Hospital corners and all!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Nope. Got paid to do it as a hotel maid during college summers. Not paid to do it now.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #38
Master Chef

After years of fighting with DW, and trying to make her to the bed, I gave up. No more bed making.

I love the made up bed though.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #39
Head Chef

I make the bed each and every morning but it's so easy! We have a Sleigh Bed and the bedding tucks in so tightly when I change the sheets all I need do is pull up the bedding and toss the pillows and decor pillows on top - takes me about 2 minutes - unless, of course, the Queen Cat is still sleeping at the foot of the bed...then it's like shifting a ton to straighten the sheets!

One caveat - when DH is out of town the bed does not get made!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Well I say a clean bed is better then a made up bed as long as it's clean.Who cares? If you take add up all the minutes it takes to make beds every day in your life span how many years do you take off your life.You could be sitting down and enjoying a good cup of coffe or tea instead.
Not to worry grasshopper the bed will always be there for you made or unmade!