"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: Allow Dogs in Restaurants?
NO 33 56.90%
YES 9 15.52%
Yes, but only in outside places 16 27.59%
Yes, but only with muzzle on 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #71
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I can't say... there are many children who are much more of a terror than well behaving dogs, also I had enough occasions at my previous jobs with "grown up" customers while I wished I were dealing with a nice dog instead!!

Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #72
Senior Cook

LuLu nice post, I agree with your ideas compleatly.

We have lots of doggie daycares here, they are fun. There is one just three houses from me, and you can always see the doggies playing together. It is very cute.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #73
Master Chef

if you're blind, yes, bring your pet. they'd be welcome in my restaurants, & provided with treats, etcetra. may provide a special room for them.
otherwise, it's ridiculous & rather absurd. what's next? mice, domestic felines, goldfish, lions, panda bears, & starfish dining amongst patrons? (i'm a 'Mom' to my felines & love them dearly, yet as a culinary student quite certified in food-safety, i'm rather well-versed 'bout infectious germs & carriers of such.)
if animals are that important to a person that they cannot go to dinner without fluffy (if they don'thave a serious medical diagnosis), maybe a thorough psychiatric consultation is in order.
my opinion.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #74
Senior Cook

Dogs are one of the few animals that are well trained, not to mention, many of which are well groomed.

Many dogs are better groomed and behaved then some people. I would rather dine among them any day, then to dine in the same restaurant with some grubby person.

http://www.cookingforums.net/
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #75
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketobake

Many dogs are better groomed and behaved then some people.
But many are not. Many carry flees and other nasty bugs. Many shed hair all over the place no matter how well groomed they are. Many bark when they should not. Most sniff at people in places not appropriate for a public restaurant.

These are not the things I want around me when I am eating food.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #76
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
But many are not. Many carry flees and other nasty bugs. Many shed hair all over the place no matter how well groomed they are. Many bark when they should not. Most sniff at people in places not appropriate for a public restaurant.

These are not the things I want around me when I am eating food.

Many people are also carry around that stuff. For example beards that are not trimmed and are full of crap, that is sick. Or people who smell foul.
I would say there are just as many of those as there are dogs that are that way.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #77
Chief Eating Officer

People do not shed. People do not have fur that gets into everything around it. Yes a hair or two might drop out of their head, but that is nothing conpared to the amount of fur that dogs can shed. People do not bark. People do not lay on the ground in a restaurant potentially being a tripping hazard. People do not sniff each other in innapropriate places (well most of us anyway )

People are people. Dogs are pets. Dogs should not get the same treatment that humans do. Humans and dogs are not equals.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #78
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
People do not shed. People do not have fur that gets into everything around it. Yes a hair or two might drop out of their head, but that is nothing conpared to the amount of fur that dogs can shed. People do not bark. People do not lay on the ground in a restaurant potentially being a tripping hazard. People do not sniff each other in innapropriate places (well most of us anyway )

People are people. Dogs are pets. Dogs should not get the same treatment that humans do. Humans and dogs are not equals.

People do shed. I have pulled out countless hairs out of food I have purchased over the years. Most recenly a container of dip yesterday.

Some people do bark (sure it is not the woof that dogs do but a person's bark can be way worse then a dogs).

I have seen kids lying on the floor both in food stores and restaurants, they are tripping hazards.

No dogs and humans are not equal, I will agree with that. However they should be treated as equals.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #79
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketobake
No dogs and humans are not equal, I will agree with that. However they should be treated as equals.

http://www.cookingforums.net/
LOL I will just keep my mouth shut on this one
Old 07-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #80
Master Chef

um, liktobake, if you are pulling non-foods you mentioned from your meal, why would you contionue to dine amongst this filth, & secondly, why not return that meal, ask for a refund & leave?
if people who provide your meals aren't properly groomed & in hairnets/ties/haircaps/etc., then maybe you oughta reconsider dining in these establishments.