Dove's Kitchen Table...we get by with a little help from our friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May do so in the future, JP. Beer - We love it. But I have the best of both worlds, I have a local brewery 3 mins drive from where i live and an award winning wine region 20 mins drive from where I live. It is soo hard. If you go 20 mins in the other direction you can whale and dolphin watch all year round or go deep sea fishing.;)

Oh Marge, the places I could show you - all of you. Even where Bilby lives, WA is so diverse and beautiful.

Please get the guest room ready and if you don't mind just a small refrigerator and a coffee pot :cool: How do these sunglasses look?

If I wasen't such a chicken I would get in my car and visit every one of you but since I don't do freeways...I'm landlocked.

Since you probably have lots of virtual food, here's a virtual crystal rose. (Best part - it doesn't need any water. My kind of flower. lol)... cause sometimes we all need a few rainbows. :)

crystalrosesmallyu6.jpg

millenniabloomat4sv9.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly enough Marge towards the end of your trip here we'll be going to California! Isn't that just the way things work? We have to get in two places - Black Mountain and Rainee's with Barbara and James. Are those goals good for you?

Miss Marge, I just finished re-wiring the wood shed and installing new lights. So, now you can "take care of business" day and night!!:ermm: Be sure to let Miss Kitchenelf know.:LOL:

Thanks Uncle bob..I noticed the lights were blinking the other night when I was tidying up in there..oh no...that was in here,,my computer room. The fan works but the light socket doesn't.
Do you make house calls??

Hey, Marge. Heat up the soup, crunch up the cornbread for dressing some other time and let's fire up the cast-iron skillet and make more cornbread. I'll bring the bacon grease for the skillet. I could use a bowl of soup right about now. Seems like breakfast was days ago.

Good idea Katie. I need some company today. Having a terrible time with anxiety today. Have meds but just don't want to take any.

Well, I'm glad I decided to drop in. Been a pretty decent day in Kentucky today. Our high temp was 75 degrees. I opened as many doors as I could to let in the fresh air. Our inside kitties sat at the doors watching outside "TV." Lots of little heads in a row and tails swishing away as the programs changed.:LOL: I think they watched a lot of the "birdie" channel.

Glorious day. Sunny, lots of puffy white clouds in a robin's egg blue sky. I can see green "growies" popping up in our yard. They are emerging so quickly I can almost hear them growing.

My youngest brother who lives about an hour south of us already has crocus and daffodils blooming. It won't be long before we see lots of daffodils along the fence rows in the countryside here, especially in very sunny spots.

Just ticking the days off until it's officially spring and I can get back into shorts and flip-flops.

Here, I'll share some of our York Peppermint Patty Brownies I made this morning. A new recipe I tried but, of course, I had to tinker with it. Yum! Chocolate and mint. The smell was so wonderful as they baked it almost drove me out of the kitchen. Well, it was either leave the kitchen or eat the door off the oven.

marge, oh marge, i'm still here.

{{climbing on elfie's shoulders}}}

whoooaaa......whoooaaaaa..... elfie, stand still!

hey, i can't see. too many people in the kitchen.

[[standing up]]

oh, there you are, marge. <<<<marge>>>>

i'm making an eggplant lasagna tomorrow. should i make you and extra tray? once you've got everything ready, it's easy to crank them out.

would you stop kicking me!!!! let elfie through please.

:cool:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:BT, You are so funny !
And yes..i would love to have your eggplant lasagna. That really sounds good. Have you posted the recipe for it here?

Elf, do your shoulders hurt?
Marge

Anyone know a good chiropractor???? Dang BT - what shoes did you have on - Katie C's CF... - I mean spikes? :-p

What a great thread, Elf!

Besides, we can share our coffee cake recipes here, too! When I was a little girl, neighbor ladies would bring coffee cakes over to share, and I grew up just loving those homey goodies. :)

Hi Marge,

I'm new to the neighborhood. Thought I'd stop by to tell you that my prayers are with you and I'd be honored if you would allow me to join you at your table.

I brought Banana Bread!

Attachments

• bananabread.jpg
    bananabread.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 85
Hi Marge,
thought I'd stop by for a minute and say hi..At last, spring is just around the corner..All the almond trees are in bloom here and it is so heart warming..I'm looking forward to summer and using my new kitchen and best of all having the little ones here every now and again. I so miss watching them as I use to...Have been really into baking with my new oven..Would you like some peanut butter cookies? How about some nice mint tea. Well, time to check all the doors and turn off some of the lights...See you tomorrow.

kades

Best wishes, Dove. I hope the support of all your virtual-but-real friends has eased your burdens. We all need to belong, and hopefully your adopted DC family gives you another home away from home.:)

Be well and be happy. We only get one pass for this crazy ride.

My DC family is my home away from home and when I am alone it helps to come on here..

welcome Mama..pull up a chair.

Hi, Marge (bending over to give a big hug), it's nice to see you today. How's your day been today? We had a nice, but quiet one. Are you ready for spring? I can't wait to see things leafing out and blooming. Love the new chance the world gets every spring.

Back
Top Bottom