Dove's Kitchen Table...we get by with a little help from our friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1.gif

Where is ebrybody???

hey, let's take marge's shoes!!!

marge, there is a better place. i'm quite :)mellow:) sure of it.

i've spent most of my life, of course with all due respect only slightly more than half of yours, trying to find out the answers to the same stuff as the rest of us. where are we from, why are we here, where do we go, etc.

in analyzing this to the point of insanity, all i can say is that all religions are writer's perceptions of how to explain our lives. what pervades, though, is that we all do have this life energy (whatever that is that makes us alive), and a basic sense of right and wrong. those things cannot be denied, no matter how you deconstruct them in order to figure them out.

so, with that in mind, started to learn about the teachings of various religions, and found striking commonalities. one of them is that god is everywhere, and in everything. again, looking at it backwards, that means we all are god, or have him in us somewhere.

so, i started to think that maybe all of our life energies put back together is god as a whole. that's why it is taught that god is omnipotent. that when we die, we understand everything, and can then forgive and love everything wholly. because we can see/experience things from every point of view.

reality is merely a series of perceptions. what we see and are in our everyday lives. so all of our perceptions mashed back together is the true reality. in other words, god.
i hope i haven't lost you. :wacko:

in any case, i don't know if it's a better "place", but i do know that we all come back together. so you, whatever it is that makes you , will go back to being one with yours that you have lost, and will be with those that are to come.

inluding pets, btw. :)

like steamboater said, the best place anyone can be is back together with their family and loved ones. so don't lose faith. relish every day that you have with those here, because soon enough all of us will really be at the same table, having a laugh and telling gw to try an irish coffee, already.

edited to add: ok, so i sound like a nutcase. but YOU try to explain it better, in your own words. (not you, pre se marge, but yous in general ;))

go ahead. try.

see, now who's crazy.

i feel better.

u explain it just fine, made good sense to me

babe

Thank you all for the love, concerns and Prayers through the rough last two years. I think it is time to let this sticky topic go now.
Marge:wub:

I haven't entered the room as it's pretty crowded, what with BT standing on Elfies shoulders in high-heels and all. Rather, Marge, you know me, and how I feel about you. But my best recipes, both sweet and savory, are on your table, and more importantly, my best support. You have a lot of good freinds around here. You are a rich woman indeed. You are loved, as are all of your family. My greates hope for you is that your daughter in law, and your grandchildren will always remain as close as you can, and will see each other often. Cyber family is great, but there's nothing like a hug from one you love, in the flesh.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

This room has been pretty quiet lately so I guess it is time to move on..
I will see Elf next week and ask her to remove her heels just for you. we will drive down to visit with Barbara and James.
Life does go on..ready for it or not.
Marge

Great news, Marge. I was wondering when you were going on your trip/adventure. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with Vicky and her family and with Barbara and James. You have to promise to let us know how lovely the ride is in Barbara and James' new car. Are you taking Dove along?

Have a wonderful trip and know that Buck and I wish you God's speed and safety.

Love and hugs.

Marge,
how wonderful, a trip with special friends..I wish you a wonderful time and remember the door here is always open..Be safe and have a great time..Enjoy, Enjoy

cj

Little Dove will stay with my Grandson...he has her sister (Dove doesn't like her..lol) I will miss her so much . I have thought about not going...but I will.
I will enjoy being with Elf, Barbara and James.

Thanks for the well wishes..I intend on having a good time.
Marge

Little Dove will stay with my Grandson...he has her sister (Dove doesn't like her..lol) I will miss her so much . I have thought about not going...but I will.
I will enjoy being with Elf, Barbara and James.

Thanks for the well wishes..I intend on having a good time.
Marge

Heavens, don't think about NOT going.

I'm so excited for you, Marge. What a great opportunity and it will give you a way to purge some of the sad things you've encountered over the last 2 years.

Close your eyes. Hold your nose and jump in. Let the freshness of the experience wash over you. Have a BALL!!!

P.S. Give Dove few extra treats and tell her to be a good girl.

Marge, I put in a request for low humidity but it's not lookin' good, girlfriend! Light clothes!!!! Sleeveless for sure!

Woooo! Got room for five cats, one huge puppy and me?
I hope you have a ball! Praying for safe travel, friend.
Hugs,
Joyce

Marge - are you back home at your very own kitchen table yet? I'm so glad I got to take you to the airport!!! I hope your trip home was uneventful. :cool:

Back home and tired...I had a 20 hour day last Sunday. Dove was a happy camper when I walked in the door. she won't let me out of her sight.

Thanks Elf for the great cook out, good friends of yours that ate with us and the ride to the airport.

About an hour or more out of Sacramento I could see a very long line of fires in Ca. So sad...

We had to sit on the tarmac in Charlotte for over an hour because of the thunder storm. .that made us two hours late because we were late on takeoff....I am NOT going to fly again if I can't afford first class. Coach with strangers wasn't fun.... Togetherness can go only so far....LOL

Marge - did your son save you some of that BBQ sauce James got you?

Hey James, if you read this guess what???????? About HALF that sauce is already gone - I think my husband drinks it after I go to sleep.

This summer, at some point when things settle down, we'll have a little cookout. On your way pick up dinner at Eb's :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: That's some good food!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom