Father's day plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
And where is the french toast recipe, did you say? Please post it! Sounds just up my alley!

I actually don't have a recipe for it--just make it up as I go. I make a loaf (round) of chocolate bread--I'll dig out that recipe for you if you want--then use that for the French toast. The filling is just a standard sweetened cream cheese/whipped cream mixture (I add the whipped cream because I don't like it too thick) and then top it with either fresh fruit or a strawberry or raspberry puree.

Now, for some reason, DH turned his nose up at this last night when I mentioned it to him. Grrr. Maybe I truly will listen to him and not do anything for Father's Day. Wouldn't thta surprise him!:-p

Both my parents have to work on Sunday. So, we are getting together to have pizza at their house. Unfortunately, my brother is on a fire assignment as a captain on his engine in Las Vegas. NV and won't be around on Sunday. But he is getting good experience as an engine captain.

middie said:
Sadly my dad isn't around anymore. I lost him on May 3rd as most of you know. So I'll probably go to the cemetery for the first time, and then to work.

I'm so sorry. The first few years are always the hardest. Try to remember the good times you two had. I'll be thinking of you!!

Hmmm..this Father's Day we are staying home. I wont get to see my own father but I will call him. I got him a package of those candy orange slices...he LOVES them.

My step daughter and I just got back from the store. Tomorrow we are making my husbands (her father) favorite desert, chocolate revel bars. We are also cooking him a nice dinner. He loves my marinated chicken with mashed tators, and that's what he thinks he's getting. We decided to trick him and are going to make cornish hen with tators and carrots!

For his gift, we got him a movie and a copy of one of his favorite magazines.

middie said:
Sadly my dad isn't around anymore. I lost him on May 3rd as most of you know. So I'll probably go to the cemetery for the first time, and then to work.

That will be a wonderful gift to your dad Middie.

For fathers day, we dont have anything special planned, my father has passed away, was cremated so I dont have a grave sight to visit, but hey I'll give him a shout out and say happy fathers day:) I'll see if my husband wants to go fishing (catch and release). Probably make a nice dinner.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here!! :)

I've spent the last month helping my parents pack, move and unpack. We are all exhausted! Here it is - Father's Day and I'm unprepared! I've got a card for my dad and decided the best thing I can give him is to fix up "his" room in their new home. It's where he has his office stuff, his computer, his music, etc. I plan to hang pictures, install shelves, and anything else he thinks he needs. My dad is 82 - and the best dad in the universe!! :wub:

Back
Top Bottom