"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #51
Master Chef

I just have to take a break or my heart will fail...
germany - poland...
i feel like dying...

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #52
Sous Chef

The whole family(except moi) are all into the worldcup. DH and a few friends went to watch the England -Paraguay match. My kids want brazil to win(again)I would be happier with a team that hasn't won before. just to make it interesting.Cara, are you trading any panini stickers???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #53
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Obviously the Poles came on pretty strong against the Germans last night... I hope Cara's still alive!!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #54
Executive Chef

England 2 - Trinidad and Tobago 0..... Gallant Caribbean team - they were Scotland's favourite team
Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #55
Master Chef

Licia, I am still alive - but it was hard...
but it was a real good game...

yesterday we watched the evening ganes in the Biergarten.. is there a translation for it??

Jikoni, I'm not in the Panini-thing... but I know a few people... you looking for it?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 06-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #56
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Biergarten = Beer Garden, a very nice place to watch the football. One of our local pubs has a lovely beer garden.

I'm kinda watching Angola v. Mexico at the moment. I think it's a forgone conclusion, but I could be wrong!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #57
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles
Biergarten = Beer Garden, a very nice place to watch the football. One of our local pubs has a lovely beer garden.

I'm kinda watching Angola v. Mexico at the moment. I think it's a forgone conclusion, but I could be wrong!

Mexico - Angola was a bit surprising... Angola did a good game.. and it was in Hannover..
Old 06-17-2006, 04:11 AM   #58
Cook

Still rooting for England but they really will have to raise their game. I thought Angola played a blinder last night against Mexico.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #59
Executive Chef

What a game! U.S. v Italy today. Ended in a tie 1-1. Would have been good if the U.S. scored another goal, but hey they only had 9 men (stupid ref) That ref was actually banned from the last world cup for "irregularities", so why let him ref another world cup is beyond me Hopefully this was the ref's last game!

So the U.S. plays Gana (sp?) on Thursday and has to beat them, and Italy is playing Czech I think, and has to beat them. I'll be watching that game and have to tape it for hubby.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #60
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
AAAARGH, stupid Zaccardo!! Now they left too much work to do for themselves, now after today I know the Czech squad is going to come out for kill against them, and with Italy demonstrating such tepid performance, there is a lot to worry about. Forza ragazzi... you guys can do much better than that!!

However, I have to give it to Casey Keller, I know him from EPL and he has been always a good goalie, but today he really did a great job.