FIFA WorldCup 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ishbel said:
Portugal go through - England are out :(

I know, my husband and I were really disappointed. I couldnt watch the penalty kicks, I was too nervous to watch :LOL:

What ever happened to Beckham's leg? I never heard what happened to him.

Nothing has been reported so far... just that he was injured :ermm:

But, YAAAY, France are through... Bye, bye Brazil.:)

Yep I was glad France won too, they play Portugal on Wednesday, and I think Italy and Germany play on Tuesday.

We are now all going for germay in my family or anyone who will beat Italy really!! Australia is thinking of teaching diving to our team to make us more competitive!!!

mrsmac, the socceros did very very well - no need to be not proud of there doings... the just had bad luck.
but tomorrow Germany - Italia... they play in Dortmund, the best stadium of the WC, it will be very hard for the italians, so no doubt Germany will go through ;o)
but hopefully without penalties, I'm not sure if I can stand another crime like friday....

There has certainly been some controversial decisions which is a shame as it takes away from the cup I think.
GO GERMANY!!!!

I must admit, all of the last round matches haven't been highlights to watch... One of the best was Germany - Sweden but from that point it went down, badly higlighted bei switzerland - ukraine..
that was real bad.. I think in some places the kickers from our villages could have done better..
they should do better, all of them... there is no way the get the WC with kicking like that..

tonight Germany - Italia.
Germany will win 2:1 after the 90min.
I'll watch it with friends in the beergarden.. as usual ;o)
Frank is in Prague today and will travel to Nürnberg to watch it there in the Fanarea... *hmpf*

Good luck to the Germans. I'd like to see a Germany/France final.

Sorry, Urmaniac.....:) :cool:

img_286556_0_eaf6ed3b61ca32e05bf06509ea0bf6c5.jpg

Boo hoo hoo, everyone hates my ragazzi...:cry:

Well things do look rather bleak for them but I give up going to the gym this evening and be there for them anyway...

congratulations, Licia
hat_3.gif

our boys did a very great thing, but in the end that was not enough..
7.gif

well.... the sun will go up again tomorrow....

OH NO ITALY STRIKES AGAIN!!!!! (Sorry Urmaniac I'm still recovering from our match with you guys!) I think I am the kiss of death for any team, I'd better start going for Italy!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

that's what I started thinking after the socceros and switzerland were shot out....
but no way could me make supporting Italy.... I'd rather take Portugal....

Congrats to Italy!! Sorry Cara, no offense. Would be nice to see Italy beat Portugal, since they won against England, but France is a good team too.

amber, I'm not offended, only disappointed.. :eek:)
they did the better game so they are the winners...
I hope the other finalist will be France and they will be the champions

Hello Cara, Sorry your boys are out. It would have been nice to see such good hosts win the cup.

We have some strange commentators here in Spain. At one point one of them said "And here we have spaghetti and mozzarella versus heavy industry". I guess it must be quite boring after a while coming up with new comments all the time. Wonder what he'll find to say if France wins their semi-final. Perhaps "here we have foie gras and Saint Émilion versus prosciutto and Pinot Grigio"? Perhaps we could come up with some gourmet food pairings and decide who we'd choose on that basis!

Commiserations, Cara :( Congratulations to Urmaniac..... see, you didn't need our support, after all! It was a really good match, once the diving got down to manageable proportions! The Italians did well.

Now, let's just hope that Portugal is beaten. C'moan the Frenchies!:ROFLMAO:

Congratulations France. I was jut feeding the baby and I watched the last 20 minutes (its morning here, just gone 7am) So now its a France V Italy final. Not sure who to go for now.

Back
Top Bottom