Friends in NorthWest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, some of my friends from the NW have checked in and everything is fine...let's keep hoping for the best.

I am a pacific northwesterner living about 2 1/2 hrs south of Seattle. We got heavy winds and a spattering of power failures but Seattle is still in the dark. I have a friend who was down here spending the night w/ his folks and at 4AM got a call from his wife. A tree had fallen on their house and the noise alone had his grade school son hysterical. So he jumped in the car and headed north. But there was no severe damage to the 3 story old house.

I heard about the high winds, the rain/flooding in some areas, and of course the snow in the mountains and the power outages. Hope all our DC members are safe and sound!

We live about 2 hours north of Seattle, and we missed the worst of the storm. We've been having some wild weather though. Crazy wind storms the past month. Lots of huge trees have been falling over in our county, but luckily nobody has been seriously hurt.

pdswife hasn't been around in a few days. I hope she's alright. A guy my husband works with lives close to Seattle and said he expected to be without power for at least 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom