Game: What Was This Person Most Known For?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I cheated, so I know who it is and the name is familiar, but I couldn't tell you what he is famous for. He was before my time, but not by that much. ;)

She was the voice of Betty Rubble on the Flintstones. She also owned the Shady Rest Hotel on Petticoat Junction

That's giving half the answer, Addie! What she was famous for.
She is Bea Benedaret! :)

I loved all those shows.

Addie, am I right on Bea?

Or is Andy up next? I am very confused, but that is a normal state these days :LOL:

16629-albums892-picture4914.gif

It must be LP's turn.
I can't get a picture to work!

Sorry everyone! Just running a little slow these days - still a little fluish but happy to play.

Yankovic.jpg

The name, what he is famous for, and for bonus points there is something slightly controversial surrounding THIS picture! :)

Sorry everyone! Just running a little slow these days - still a little fluish but happy to play.

Yankovic.jpg

The name, what he is famous for, and for bonus points there is something slightly controversial surrounding THIS picture! :)
Weird Al Yankovic. Famous for musical satire.

The controversy was for the song "Amish Paradise", based on "Gangsta's Paradise", which he apparently recorded without gaining permission from Coolio.

Wow, Steve, you are good! I thought this picture might stump people a little. I am a true Weird Al fan.

Actually he NEVER asked for permission but most other artists actually liked it (even Michael Jackson). Coolio was the only one to threaten a lawsuit.

You are up Steve!

Wow, Steve, you are good! I thought this picture might stump people a little. I am a true Weird Al fan.

Actually he NEVER asked for permission but most other artists actually liked it (even Michael Jackson). Coolio was the only one to threaten a lawsuit.

You are up Steve!
Okay, talked to my husband and I got it wrong (he is an even BIGGER Weird Al fan). He DID ask for permission for most of his songs. He got it from Coolio's managers, but they didn't ask the artist himself.

Back
Top Bottom