Goin' to Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
I'll catch any messages when I get back. I can't believe my boss actually let me go during summer (especially since we're at 100% occupancy) but hey, I am not one to complain.

Gonna check out the new Wynn hotel (heard there's some good restaurants there) and maybe do a little job hunting on the side. Or maybe not. Got $7,000 to burn so...."I'm all in!"

Ironchef!
When you are in the Wynn, go to the Parasol Bar (the small pretty one in the center of the action) and (if you have a chance, or for that matter, the want), order a Lavendar Mojito. It's the only place I've ever found to get one.
It's much like Bellagio, and the staff is quite friendly. Enjoy your stay! I'll be out there in a few weeks as well.

I would be jealous, but I'll be there myself in August, so just save a few winning hands for me!

John

Ahhhh phooey, I wanna go. AND I have no clue what a Lavendar Mojito is. Is it a drink? Or food? If it's a drink, I can't even drink one because of surgery. Two sips and I would be drunk. :)

Have fun! Can you put $20 in the Mega Bucks slot machine for me?:lucky:

jennyema said:
Where do you stay when you go to Vegas?? (addressed to all)

I stay at my place :) .

Before I moved here permanently, I used to stay at some furnished apartment-style places on South LVBLVD. The rates are reasonable and they have kitchens with plates/cookware etc. I know some people like to eat out all the time, but I liked having a full sized fridge for all the food I like to travel with (fruits, beer, etc) and I like having the OPTION of buying stuff at local markets and fixing it IN before I go out for the night.

When I HAVE stayed on (or near) the Strip, I liked the suites at the Rio and I had a wonderful room at the Aladdin one time with a beautiful view of the Strip.

Last edited:
Jennyema:
It's a quick drive from here - just over 3-1/2 hours, so we tend to go often.

We've stayed at many of the hotels, including Mirage, Caesar's, Flamingo, New York New York, etc...

Next month it's Mirage and Flamingo again.
So far, best customer service hands down is NY, NY.

We always go cheap. Circus Circus or a some little place off the main strip.

We're only in the room to sleep so... cheap works well.

Have a super duper great time!!

Hey Ironchief...I've got a match..can I come? LOL
Dove
I correct myself..Ironchef...DH was a Navy Chief ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom