Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, I'm so sorry to hear that. You're in my thoughts and prayers for the foreseeable future. You're absolutely right, it is your turn to have someone to worry about you and care for you. If there's anything I can do, or if you just need to vent, send me a PM.

Oh definitely! Last Sunday when I came home poor Pirate caught it all and he didn't deserve it. My little temper tantrum fell completely on him. He just stood there and absorbed it all. An hour later I just couldn't apologize enough. He finally told me to shut up and go take a much needed nap. Great advice and I followed it. Four hour nap does wonders. But I am still filled with confusion and emotional pain. I have set up a program with my social worker to see her two times a week. She even put an unopened box of tissues for this coming Thursday on her desk.

So more than likely, you just may become my next victim. I will be taking you up on your offer for venting. As great as Pirate has been through all of this, he needs a rest from my venting. He is not the person who took my leg and used it after I was all sewn up to teach brand spanking new med students. They have been out of school for less than a month. A few had to leave the scene. All that blood and gore was not what they signed up for. And there were other students who really participated with questions galore. And a couple of them even got to hand instruments to the surgeon. I have stopped asking the surgeon questions. The more I heard about it all, I would get angry all over again.

Thanks for the offer. You will definitely be hearing from me.

So more than likely, you just may become my next victim. I will be taking you up on your offer for venting. As great as Pirate has been through all of this, he needs a rest from my venting. He is not the person who took my leg and used it after I was all sewn up to teach brand spanking new med students. They have been out of school for less than a month. A few had to leave the scene. All that blood and gore was not what they signed up for. And there were other students who really participated with questions galore. And a couple of them even got to hand instruments to the surgeon. I have stopped asking the surgeon questions. The more I heard about it all, I would get angry all over again.

Thanks for the offer. You will definitely be hearing from me.

Oh my goodness, I had no idea Dr's did that. But, I guess it's to be expected from teaching hospitals. I probably would have been one to leave the scene.

Let me go find my padded suit to put on and I'll be all ready for venting and anger. Have stocked up on kleenex for you & me both

Oh my goodness, I had no idea Dr's did that. But, I guess it's to be expected from teaching hospitals. I probably would have been one to leave the scene.

Let me go find my padded suit to put on and I'll be all ready for venting and anger. Have stocked up on kleenex for you & me both
Addie didn't actually witness that. That's what they were doing during the surgery.

If people want to be medical professionals, they need to learn to be be prepared for sights like that.

Last edited:
I am not here as much as I would like. I tried again yesterday and still can't get to DC on my computer. I have to remember to pick up my phone or tablet, because I can use the app no problem. New habit to learn. [emoji19]

Last edited:
Just so long as you keep showing up, taxy. It doesn't matter what mode of transportation you use, just so long as you get to pull into the DC station. ;)

My problem is that I've been trying to get signed in on a phone. Couldn't do it on the Samsung; now I can't get into my account on the Moto. I think I have the right password...:ermm:

Addie didn't actually witness that. That's what they were doing during the surgery.

If people want to be medical professionals, they need to learn to be be prepared for sights like that.

So true. About two days after I came out of the OR, I was talking with the surgeon and I asked him to fill me in on everything that happened in the OR. And he did. I just love that Doc. He was sitting on the bottom of my bed and left me laughing. He told me about the fainting future doctors. He did give me all the medical blood and gore. He knew I have a deep interest in anything medical. Those who fainted or had to leave the OR will become podiatrist. (FOOT DOCTORS). They will be cutting toe nails. He gave me laughter that day along with other information that we both felt I needed to know. But the info was mostly for laughter. The following day, we discussed the surgery and why he felt I needed everything he performed.

Just a note of laughter for you. I had a surgeon that is an identical twin. He was telling me stories of what twins are noted for. Confusing other folks. Even I couldn't tell them apart.

Just so long as you keep showing up, taxy. It doesn't matter what mode of transportation you use, just so long as you get to pull into the DC station. ;)

My problem is that I've been trying to get signed in on a phone. Couldn't do it on the Samsung; now I can't get into my account on the Moto. I think I have the right password...:ermm:
The "mode of transportation" means it's "out of sight, out of mind". It isn't just click a link in an email or open a new tab in my browser.

Greetings everyone. Happy Pumpkin Season. I'm not posting to forums much anymore, I'm on Instagram.
Just dropping in to find some old food photos of mine, I remember posting some gawd-awful pies to this site and I can't find them. Can anyone help me?
I'm entering a pie contest in April (I've become much better at pie-making and have done a stint at a local bakery) and I want to show my fellow pie-making buddy some of my earlier pies.

We all had to start somewhere! :ROFLMAO:

Greetings everyone. Happy Pumpkin Season. I'm not posting to forums much anymore, I'm on Instagram.
Just dropping in to find some old food photos of mine, I remember posting some gawd-awful pies to this site and I can't find them. Can anyone help me?
I'm entering a pie contest in April (I've become much better at pie-making and have done a stint at a local bakery) and I want to show my fellow pie-making buddy some of my earlier pies.

We all had to start somewhere! :ROFLMAO:

Hi, Smokeydoke!

To find your pics, click on "UserCP" - it's on the left side of the blue bar towards the top of the screen.

Your Control Panel will come up - scroll down through the categories until you see "Miscellaneous". There will be a subcategory there that says "Attachments". Click on that. All the links to your pics should come up. :)

Happy pie baking! Stop in to say hi from time to time! :flowers:

Last edited:
Hi Smokeydoke! You've been missed. Wish you'd hang around.

Wow Cheryl. I didn't know that. Now I know how to find my old pictures. Thanks.

You're welcome, Kay. I stumbled across that quite by accident a couple of years ago when I was just looking around. It's handy to have all of our pics in one place here. :)

Hi Cheryl, Kayelle, everybody! I'm flattered you remember me. Good to see you too.

And thanks for the post, Cheryl! Unfortunately I didn't find them, I must've linked them from a third party site, which I can't remember. I'll keep looking through the old threads.

Thanks, Taxy and Andy. When I clicked on that 'attachments' subcategory back when, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my pics were there. 24 pages of them...:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Hmmm...Smokey, I'm sorry to hear you couldn't find your pics. :neutral: I thought I posted some pics from 3rd party Photobucket here back a few years ago (before they became crooks and held people's pics for ransom :glare:) and thought they were still find-able here, but maybe not.

Anyway, good to see you back, and I hope you find them. Your Instagram foodie pics are beautiful. :)

Last edited:
You're welcome, Kay. I stumbled across that quite by accident a couple of years ago when I was just looking around. It's handy to have all of our pics in one place here. :)

Umm, yeah.

I knew it, I KNEW IT!

Cheryl works for the CIA.

Oh, look at me, I'm so sweet and love everyone, (while I know exactly how to manipulate your files for easier use, not that we're doing that too...)

Just kidding.

Thanks for me too. I didn't know about that function, Cheryl.

sorry, Agent C.

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl, Kayelle, everybody! I'm flattered you remember me. Good to see you too.

And thanks for the post, Cheryl! Unfortunately I didn't find them, I must've linked them from a third party site, which I can't remember. I'll keep looking through the old threads.

Smokeydoke, we had a thread called random photo thread that had to be deleted because of some "tampering". I am not sure if that meant the photos in it were gone completely. If you had posted them to that thread this could be the reason you can't find them. Since then we have a new thread, "Random Photos - The Sequel"!

Hi Everyone, I am popping in to say hi and to give you some great news (for me anyway, it will just probably keep me away even more).

I took a course and am now a certified Health Coach for Chronic Health Self-Management. What it means is I assist people who have health challenges to meet their goals and solve problems by teaching them self-management techniques. We meet on the phone for 30 minutes per week for 3 to 6 months. It is a mostly volunteer position with an honorarium at the end. However, it is giving me confidence and experience in advocacy.

I am also going to be interviewed for a podcast tomorrow regarding my journey with chronic illnesses. I am very excited and nervous at the same time.

My name is getting out there and I am feeling like I have a purpose for the first time in a long while.

Oh, I will be doing a cake for a baby shower for twins (a girl and a boy). It will be Noah's arc with two of each animal (boy and girl of course)! I will be sure to get pictures.

Back
Top Bottom