Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will probably be scarce the next few days. I am once again having pain level problems and am exhausted from dealing with sick dogs, running around for tests and just not being able to sleep or eat properly.

Please don't worry, or anything. I am fine. I am just doing what you all tell me to and that is to look after myself. :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. TB and I are celebrating on Friday (his day off) by making a meal together and watching some movies. Haven't decided what for either yet but I know it will be special whatever we do! :angel:

I may pop in (can't resist the song game) once in awhile, but if not I didn't want anyone getting concerned.

Thanks, Kylie. I got a solid 10 hour sleep last night which helps a lot physically and emotionally. But I am still going to take the weekend to recharge. TB gave me a gift card from Home Depot as a Valentine's gift (his excuse anyway ;)) to get some supplies I need to work on my craft room so that will be fun!

:)

This is not the post I expected to make here today.

I expected to tell you I'd be MIA for more than a month starting tomorrow, leaving from LAX and flying to Argentina where we would board a Princess cruise ship to sail around the Horn and up the western coast of South America, Central America, and Mexico ending back in Los Angeles March 26th after a fabulous trip with 14 excursions at interesting ports of call.

We had to cancel the trip (thankful for trip insurance) because I had a stupid bad fall a week ago tonight and broke my foot and some ribs. :(

As with everything in life, it could have been worse, like if it had happened at sea instead of at home. Needless to say, I'm struggling to look on the bright side right now. :ermm:

Last edited:

I expected to tell you I'd be MIA for more than a month starting tomorrow, leaving from LAX and flying to Argentina where we would board a Princess cruise ship to sail around the Horn and up the western coast of South America, Central America, and Mexico ending back in Los Angeles March 26th after a fabulous trip with 14 excursions at interesting ports of call.

We had to cancel the trip (thankful for trip insurance) because I had a stupid bad fall a week ago tonight and broke my foot and some ribs. :(

As with everything in life, it could have been worse, like if it had happened at sea instead of at home. Needless to say, I'm struggling to look on the bright side right now. :ermm:

Oh, no, Kayelle! :( Heal quickly, sweetie, hope you're back on the ship again soon.

Kayelle, I'm very sorry to hear this and hope you get to reschedule your trip down the road. I can relate somewhat, as I fell on the ice last week and broke my ankle. I've had to cancel a number of upcoming events for the next couple of months.

I don't normally care for the phrase "it sucks", but in these cases that kind of says it all. :(

Kayelle, I am so sorry to hear both that you hurt yourself and that you had to cancel such a wonderful trip. Be well and know that we are all here for you.

KL,
so sorry to hear that you fell. There is nothing that hurts more that breaks. Please take care and take life easy. Hope you heal fast and have little pain. You are in my thoughts.
kades

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, I think my mood will improve when I don't hurt so much. These are the first broken bones of my life so I've been lucky till now.

Steve I remember commenting on your fall and broken ankle last week and being thankful I don't have to deal with ice. I'm normally sure footed in normal conditions so I sure didn't see this coming. Just shows to go ya! How's your honey getting along with the cooking? My Steve is showing that he does indeed know how to get a simple meal together.

Kayelle! Very sorry to hear this. Hope you heal quickly!

Kayelle, I'm very sorry to hear this and hope you get to reschedule your trip down the road. I can relate somewhat, as I fell on the ice last week and broke my ankle. I've had to cancel a number of upcoming events for the next couple of months.

I don't normally care for the phrase "it sucks", but in these cases that kind of says it all. :(

Same here...sorry to hear you have hurt yourself, Steve! Heal quickly!

Sorry, KL. Hope you got good meds. Get better soon!

172160,xcitefun-get-well-soon-flowers-greeting-card-imag.jpg

Well, that was a silly thing to do. Keep in mind, when you do get to take that trip, something special and good will happen that you never expected. Things happen for a reason. When something bad happens just keep in mind that there is something good ahead. Chin up, and carry on. I know you can do it. :angel:

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, I think my mood will improve when I don't hurt so much. These are the first broken bones of my life so I've been lucky till now.

Steve I remember commenting on your fall and broken ankle last week and being thankful I don't have to deal with ice. I'm normally sure footed in normal conditions so I sure didn't see this coming. Just shows to go ya! How's your honey getting along with the cooking? My Steve is showing that he does indeed know how to get a simple meal together.

Sorry about your fall Kayelle. Hope you feel better soon :flowers::flowers:

Back
Top Bottom