Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'bug is on the trail!

i guess i could hold out for a more detailed answer, but the appalachian trail will do.

the top picture is an alpine shelter, or lean-to that i spent many winter nights on solo backpacking trips. the side you can't see is open to the elements, but there are 2 small fireplaces for the really cold nights. if the world ever goes to heck in a hadbasket, that's where you'll find me. i've even rebuilt parts of it after some rotten people chopped and burned sections.

the second is a feature on the trail called the lemon squeezer. it is a fracture in a huge rockface that the appalachian trail goes right thru. it's difficult to maneuver with a day pack on your back, let alone a thru hikers pack. but if you don't go thru, you haven't completed the trail.

ok 'bug, you're up.

Since mudbug isn't responding I am going to take her turn (slap me later mudbug)

Anyone know what this is? (Ken you can't guess)

Attachments

• rw.jpg
    rw.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 175
That's the Alberta Provincial Capitol building.

I'm limited on access right now. I'm in Key Largo for funeral proceedings, but am checking work emails and forums when I can. Somebody else can post one if they want until I get back. I have a really good picture that I'll use later. :mrgreen:

What are these.....and where are these ones located?

Attachments

• ar.jpg
    ar.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 130
They are hoodoos. And they are in Drumheller AB.

Here's one. Where is this picture taken? And yes, those are my lovely children.

Attachments

• 06260002.JPG
    06260002.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom