Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks very similar to the emergency power pac that I use for my air and filtration system in my aquarium. It kicks on when the power goes out so my fish don't die.

I was thinking it was a tape backup for a computer. A friend in the IT field left me one years ago and the size is about right, but I'd have to side with the "UPS theory" the way YT said it covered a couple of things

I thought it was a nice "Curve ball", put in something Simple... catch you off guard and keep you on your toes ;)

Renee, I use mine for all different things too, where you need Mains electricity and don`t want to drag a generator along with you.

yt, i thought you used lightning for most of your experiments... mwahahahaaaa!!!!!

ok, am i up?

several of us guessed correctly. andy was before me, and was correct in a way.

true, quite a few got extremely close, but if you went into a computer shop and asked for any of them instead of saying UPS, you could be there for a while.

that was my thinking. but I`ll leave it to you guys, either way I`m Out.

and yes, I quite Frequently use Pre-Strike lightning charges in my experiments :)

ok, what's this?

machinezw0.jpg

looks like some kind of Copper based metal that`s been under water for ages, maybe a breech block from a large gun, or a bulkhead of some sort?

good guess. it was found underwater, after a long soak. roughly 2000 years.

it was made of bronze, btw.

but it's not from a gun, nor a part of a ship.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom