Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I'm looking for the location (area/State) and artist. An early painter of the American West painted at this location for several paintings, please name site and painter........

Attachments

• West.jpg
    West.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 165
Here's a clue

No ones guessing the location and artist of this famous scene, so here is a clue....

His paintings are often credited as providing the spark for the creation of the U.S. National Park System.

Thomas Moran (Though George Catlin was the first painter to express the idea of creating a National Park system)

Cliffs of Green River is the painting.

Yellowstone, Wyoming.

moran23.jpg

What is the name of this mountain and what is its primary claim to fame? I'll accept two different names (as the mountain is known by two different names).

Attachments

• snowed.jpg
    snowed.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Yes phinz it is...you're up. (BTW, those little teeny black dots at the toe of the glacier? Thats our family. We did the road trip there a few weeks ago. Very very cool...and I don't mean temp wise!)

What bridge is this (the real name, not the name for the body of water it crosses) and where is it?

Attachments

• 43190475.P1000326ContSmall.jpg
    43190475.P1000326ContSmall.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 158
Whoops! It is in Charleston, South Carolina. (And no, I didn't know it just because I live here. I live a long way from there!).

Ok, this one is probably too easy. What is this?

Attachments

• Yep.jpg
    Yep.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 172
Back
Top Bottom