Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It reminds me of something we used to have (can't remember the name though)--you set it on top of something you want to see magnified and then see it in the screen. We loved looking at grains of salt and sugar, etc. with it. Kind of like a microscope, but it is placed over the thing. I think ours were called light scopes.

:)Barbara

Barbara - I think you are thinking of an epidiascope. I remember a large one when I was a child that they used to project pages from a book.

No, the things we had were called light scopes, I'm 99% sure. What we had were small, about 6" tall. It was like 2 cylinders connected with kind of a hinge at the bottom. You looked through one of them, and when you pulled the other one away from it the light came on. I think that side was also where the batteries were. These didn't project anything, you just looked down through them. They didn't have a screen like the picture we are trying to guess has. It just reminded me of it That said, when I looked light scope up, what I found were more like telescopes, but evidently the manufacturer of what we had chose to call them that. :cool:

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I was searching more for that timer today than I was YT's thingy.
Sure wish I knew where I could find one....... :whistling

What and where is this?

(I put this up once before and the mods took it down, I had to show them legal language that said Google Earth images are ok to use in this manner. Only stipulation is you retain the copyright on the image.)

img_543254_0_1fe936acfd477b27a483830a736fe8de.jpg

(I put this up once before and the mods took it down, I had to show them legal language that said Google Earth images are ok to use in this manner. Only stipulation is you retain the copyright on the image.)

Huh. I find that more interesting than the picture :LOL:

I thought anything on the internet was fair game. Otherwise you could not copy and save it, like some websites have a "lock" on their pics and text. This gets bantered around on other forums, too.

Back
Top Bottom