Halloween Costume Help Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
We are invited annually to a friend's home for a party. I am running out of ideas for costumes for myself and my husband. I would like to be able to put something together and not purchase anything much. Any ideas anyone?

I am 5'3" and 116 lbs and DH is 5'9' and 176 lbs. Hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Lyndalou

One year my husband and I went to a party as King Kong and Fay Wray.

I've seen everything from babies to doctors/nurses. What about two felons from a chain gang?

I've seen Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction

Bonnie & Clyde

You could also dress as each other. You be the husband and he'll be the wife.

Mermaid and Neptune

King and queen of hearts

George and Martha washington

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie from Mr & Mrs Smith

Marc Antony and Cleopatra

Dr Jekle and Mr Hyde

Good luck

I have to spread some reputation before I can give you karma again, VB, but, those ideas are GREAT!!

last year i was a "Babe Magnet"

turtle neck, blazer, sticky-backed velcro and a lot of little plastic dolls stuck to the blazer..............

luckytrim said:
last year i was a "Babe Magnet"

turtle neck, blazer, sticky-backed velcro and a lot of little plastic dolls stuck to the blazer..............

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: Very original!!

I had some friends who went as Adam and Eve one year. She bought long underwear, dyed them flesh color, then appliqued felt grape leaves to the appropriate areas.

One of the funniest coustumes I have seen was this girl who had big pieces of cotton or something glued all over her body. She was carrying a squirt bottle filled with water. When someone would ask what she was she would say "cloudy with a chance of showers" and then would squirt them with the water :LOL:

A couple came to one of our parties, and they had both worked long hours without a lot of time to put into their costumes. They came as "Buttons and Bows." Both wore black pants and black tees. She had sewn old buttons all over his tee and had sewn bright little bows all over hers. They really looked cute, and everybody loved it. In fact, I think they got the prize for Best Costumes.

Gosh, a number of years ago we were invited to a a Halloween party.

No one told anyone what to do, but everyone came in costume.

They were all put together with what people had or could easily purchase, no pre-made costumes at all.

We foraged through the basement, bought some chain for belts and some put on tattoos (no, I will not tell what we came as, it was outrageous but everyone enjoyed the party), and had great costumes.

As did everyone else.

One woman came as a bag lady. Where she got the old clothes (?Goodwill maybe) I have no idea, but she was perfect. Had it not been Halloween she would not have gotten into the place.

Use your imaginations, that was the most fun. The party was great but the planning was what really made it great.

You don't need a lot of $$$$$, just find a concept and run with it.

And enjoy.

As for Halloween Costumes I would do some research on the internet. If nothing helps go like ghosts - that is very easy to make.

Good Luck.

GB said:
One of the funniest coustumes I have seen was this girl who had big pieces of cotton or something glued all over her body. She was carrying a squirt bottle filled with water. When someone would ask what she was she would say "cloudy with a chance of showers" and then would squirt them with the water :LOL:

ROFLMAO - I hate dressing up for costume parties! BUT this I would do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crackin' up here!

Great ideas in this thread!

We had friends, when we lived in the Washinton, DC area, who always had great Halloween costume parties. First, I have to tell you that they had to have a sense of humor. Their last name is Horney. Believe it or not the wife's name is Gay. And to make things worse, her middle initial is R(uth). You fill in the blanks.:brows: :blush: :w00t2:

At any rate, for one of their parties, the husband, Brian, dressed as an over-the-hill Superman. Big belly, torn tights, raggedy cape. He was a sight.

Then, one year, our youngest son asked me to make his costume. I asked him what he wanted to be. He replied, "A shower." As in tub and shower. He was in high school at the time and had quite an imagination.

I took a small hula hoop and clipped on shower rings and a cheap, dollar store, shower curtain. Taped some fabric straps to the hula hoop so it could rest on his shoulders. I bent a wire coat hanger in the shape of a crook, with the crook at the top and fastened the bottom of the hanger to the hula hoop in a position over his head. To the crook I taped a plastic funnel upside down and somehow affixed a set of bicycle handlebar streamers, in clear with silver sparkles, inside the funnel to represent the water.

In the end, he really did look like a shower and he was happy.

Here is a great website I found last week! Lots of funny and original ideas. I am gonna be a deviled egg- White shirt with a painted on yolk, and devil horns, tail and pitchfork. Good luck!

www.costumeideazone.com

Back
Top Bottom