"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #31
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Can you post pix of your new floor?
I plan to do a whole expose on our "new home" as it gets completed. I won't take one of the floor right now because DH has stuff all over it but as soon as the last board is in and the green dust is removed I will snap a few! The carpet, lino and new vanity as well. More progress was made today with the removal of the last of the big air filters! Man am I glad to have those noise makers out of my house - but I sure couldn't have stayed here without them!

I am glad life is good for you Alix. Sometimes that is all we need - contentment.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 PM   #32
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I think James and I need to move to Canada. You two can start looking for a house for us exactly halfway between the two of you!

BTW, Cubbie spends most of his time inside with us (he loves to be with us). We have to hook him up outside when we go somewhere, and for some exercise, but he loves to be inside with us. I didn't want anyone to think he has to be alone outside all the time! He is having his own happy day right now going back and forth between us for loving and visiting the kitties.

Barbara

Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #33
Certified Cake Maniac

Do you like cold winters? Because I think half way between would probably be around Valemont, which is right in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Would you agree Alix? It is a very lovely place though!

It would be wonderful to have you so close!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #34
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Maybe we will have to have a winter home in BC on the coast, and a summer home in Edmonton! I'll bet it is pretty up there in the Rockies though!

Barbara
Old 01-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #35
Executive Chef

I had a happy and productive day today. I went to an architectural salvage place today in search of a doorknob set to replace one in the house that had broken. They had one that fit perfectly and loads of parts to have on hand for the rest of the doors. WooHoo!

The guy that runs this place is so nice and a pleasure to visit with - he's a wealth of information. I also found a fabulous, old, heavy brass, Craftsman-style mail slot. It's gorgeous and I walked out of there with that, a couple of heavy brass door plates and 2 knob sets for $20!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
FM - whenever I visualize your kitchen I get "happy thoughts"!!!! I just love it!

I'm happy because we haven't been hit with spammers for a few days! Makes life easier around here. It's been very relaxing here!

Alix - you are a good woman - I surely don't do malls but to be with those girls and have that much fun - I'd do it in a heartbeat...with you pushing me in a wheelchair!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #37
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Don't you just love getting deals like that FM?!

Hey KE, you know those tandem baby strollers for two kids? Do you think they have any tandem wheelchairs? Alix can push us both! Or 3 and James can push us all!

Barbara
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #38
Everymom

OK, I'm LMAO at Barbara and James halfway between me and Laurie. And I think that halfway would be more like Kamloops. I think you guys would like it there. Kind of deserty. Seriously HOT in the summer. Valemount is only about 4-5 hours from me, and Vancouver is about 13 or 14 depending on who's driving!

Well, my day was good today. The best part has been here just reading about whats been going on with everyone. I'm off to work a bingo for my daughter's ball team. Not really enthused about that but what the hey, its something new and different and they feed me so it can't be all bad.

KE, I don't do malls often either, but I would put money on you "doing" our mall. Its got everything. Frankly, we could drop you at one of the spas and pick you up later. LOL.

Hugs to you all, I'm off to do my duty.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #39
Certified Cake Maniac

Actually Alix, I knew it was more like Kamloops (DH's sister lives there) but I said Valemont because you have to realize I was (and still am) on mega meds! Kamloops would be great because we go there a couple of times a year to see my SIL.

I have been to your MALL once and I spent a few hours there and think I only saw about a quarter or less of it! Only mall I know that has two or three of the same store in it, just in different sections...or has that changed?

I am having a happier day today, even though I spend half of it in the hospital. I am feeling a bit better, I heard from my daughter and I am about to go have a long winter's nap!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #40
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I saw that mall on a Christmas movie I saw in December, and I fell in love with it instantly! Okay it's settled. James and I are moving into the West Edmonton Mall and Alix and Laurie will just have to come visit us there!

Barbara