Cold day Easy smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D. B. Cooper

Assistant Cook
Doing our weekly trip to play with our granddaughter tomorrow and I thought a pork loin and baked apples may travel well.

Normally I would stuff with goats cheese and spinach but not today. I did however give it a sear before going in the smoke.

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks wonderful D.B. Are those two tenderloins tied together? Or one pork loin split, stuffed and tied with the cheese and spinach after all.

Would that chicken be for tonight? -also looking very good!

Chicken and rice was indeed dinner, paired with a lemon grass water.

The two loins were just tied, seared and cooked indirect. It was too cold for pretty and the kids like it plain anyhow

Still confused - there is a difference between Pork Loin and Pork Tenderloin. ;)

In either case looks darn delicious! :D
Used to cook outside in winter all the time when it was just a step thru the patio door.

Still confused - there is a difference between Pork Loin and Pork Tenderloin. ;)

In either case looks darn delicious! :D
Used to cook outside in winter all the time when it was just a step thru the patio door.
pork loin.
OIP.nhcP9BBmuV6N7y6o9CjOlgHaID

1705586198143.jpeg

pork tenderloin
OIP.9hJ-h4Cf8drjDNU0VgurhAHaEE

The pork loin is from the rib area therefore can have the ribs attached and is larger where the tenderloin, a much smaller cut is attached to the iliopsoas muscle, basically the sirloin area and then is detached and is considerably more tender, like the beef fillet, tenderloin, fillet mignon. All animals that have a similar musculature will be similarly butchered. :)

Last edited:
I just now pulled this off for the weekly visit.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpeg
    IMG_2194.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back