Have You Ever Sold on EBay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make enough money from ebay to be able to pay the bills. It is a great way of making a bit of cash, but beware of people with no feedback. Ive had scammers threaten to visit my family, threaten to sue me, just because I refused to send them an item for free! They also made several ebay accounts with the intention of bidding on all my items, then giving me negative feedback when they won.

I dont want to put anyone off ebay however, you just have to be a bit careful!

Well, bummer. Apparently you have to have money to make money with eBay. I have all my money in cash, no money on the credit card, and without it I can't sell even one car. Frustration abounds.
The fees to list something aren't that high, and they don't charge you right away. We have a check card, so the fees are deducted right from our bank account.

designmea, you are right about feedback. We usually won't buy from anyone who doesn't have close to 100%. I don't blame people who are selling high dollar items for not wanting to sell to people with no (or very little) feedback. We have been very fortunate in our dealings and could leave good feedback with no problem. We did buy one thing that was ok, but not as he represented it. We had to buy some nuts and bolts to make it work. We didn't feel he deserved good feedback, but he was the type (we checked) to leave bad feedback if someone left him bad feedback. In that case, we just didn't leave feedback at all. I'm not sure how I like the new rule they are starting (sellers cannot leave negative feedback), but apparently they were having a lot of problems with "retaliation" negative feedback. We did have one problem with someone who didn't pay for an item. We followed their procedures, and the guy finally paid for it.

:)Barbara

The fees to list something aren't that high, and they don't charge you right away. We have a check card, so the fees are deducted right from our bank account.

That's what's really sad, I'm sure they just need the card to have a dollar on it, but it doesn't have that since we paid the cell phone and they take an extra dollar. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm sure that's what the problem is. It's just kind of funny but I guess I just need to be patient. Thanks for the advice.

I sell and buy from Ebay. I haven't sold for a while. IMO selling was more work then it was worth. I was selling things like vintage cookbooks, clothes with tags, vintage toys, etc. I found those type of items not worth my time.

I sell and buy from Ebay. I haven't sold for a while. IMO selling was more work then it was worth. I was selling things like vintage cookbooks, clothes with tags, vintage toys, etc. I found those type of items not worth my time.
It has gotten a lot more convenient than in the past at least. I print my shipping labels on my own computer (I just print them on paper and tape down with packaging tape) and mail them from home. It saves making that trip to the post office.

Is anyone else finding that ebay is incresasingly become more prejudice against sellers, even if they have great feedback? I'm getting so frustrated with them saying they cant help me when I'm the victim of a fraudster!

They say they are trying to improve things for sellers, but the only sellers it will help are the ones who don't sell their stuff (lower listing fees/higher percentage taken after sale). I agree that retaliation feedback could be a problem, but not being able to leave negative for really bad buyers is bad too.

:huh:Barbara

Back
Top Bottom