He's still my baby at 19...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elf,
this will take some time for Max to process..he knows what he did and he needs to feel good about that and I'm sure he will.
Sending my love to you three and to that 4 footed baby of yours.
marge

elfie, when things have died down a bit, make him get his blood checked for hepatitis and aids, if he got the guys blood on him. i doubt he was wearing gloves at the time.

i don't mean to be sensational about this or scare you; just being cautious. lemme 'splain.

several years ago, i was leaving church a little early (after communion, before the last set of calisthenics :) ) and was followed out the door by a little old italian lady. as i got to the bottom of the granite steps, i heard her fall and come tumbling down behind me. she face planted, and tore most of her nose off her face. i did as your son did, pushing it back into place and keeping pressure on it until help arrived. (i gotta stop going to church and coming home all bloody. it freaks out the neighbors)
i happened to have a checkup the next day, and related the story to my doctor, who made me get tested, especially for hep.
now, she was a little old lady, so i wasn't worried, but ya never know.

so, just as a precaution, get him tested.

btw, i was "clean", but now i get these strange urges to cook whole meals for my family at 4am, and i can give a really good evil eye.

kitchenelf,
They never stop being our babies. I can just imagine how frightened you must have felt. Thank God your son is okay and he's home safe with you.

Thanks Dove, Dina, and BT - BT - thank you for bringing this up - I will have him do this. This guy was "off" of steroids I now know and went back on them because he felt better - and to get him back to speed he was taking a LOT more than - - - - what do I say here - suggested, recommended, the normal dose? I don't know - but Max said he was at it at a ridiculous level. When the guy feels better I will have words with him for offering this CRAP to my son - which my son was smart enough to decline for obvious reasons - he's always thought this guy was a hot head and very typical of the steroid user.

See, I'm going through that anger phase now :angel: because I know all the facts. Let me clarify - no one deserves to be cut and stabbed with a box cutter - but excessive, or ANY use of steroids, does NOT pay off in the end, the middle, or the beginning!

Again, thanks to all who listened to my hysterical self last night! I was rather anxious. BT - I will take care of that on Monday.

KE, it is funny you bring up the roids in light of the whole case of that wrestler that did a horrible act. A chemical balance is a chemical balance, male OR female, and can make either act "out of character".

With out stretching out of the DC form, I am glad you son is safe. It is a very hard thing to reflect on, but being that he reacted the way he did, something tells me he is in fine mental being. He showed the difference between courage and bravery.

Though he is not my son, it goes to show how 1 simple moment in a persons life can change things dramatically.

He sounds like the type that will for sure grow from it.

Either way, glad to hear all is well on your families front.

Elfie, I'm so glad your son is OK and what a brave lad! Yes, they will always be our babies - that is why there is Menopause!

Hugs, my friend!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom