HEY!!!!! Make this Better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath said:
ooooh oooooh! Can I play?
(don't like scallops, so I can't help ya there....)

but how about this:

Fettucine, fresh artichoke, portabellos

(trying to imitate sushi's game-show voice, "Make That Better!"

Aww...that's already too easy since you have the fettucine included. Leave the starch out next time and it's a lot more challenging. :)

How about scallops, onions and roma tomatos?

Pan Seared Scallops with CONFIT OF TOMATO AND ONION, Truffle Sauce, and Chive Oil

Fresh Diver Scallop Carpaccio with Caramelized Cippolini Onions, Tomato Concasse, and Blood Orange Vinaigrette

Pan Seared Scallop and Foie Gras with a Pancetta, Tomato, and Sweet Onion Ragout

Fresh Diver Scallop Ceviche with Sweet Onion, Roma Tomato, Serrano Chili, and a Ginger-Citrus Vinaigrette

Fresh Diver Scallop Tartare with Shaved Vidallia Onion, Oven Roasted Tomato, and Osetra Caviar

Caramelized Cippolini Onions

What kind of onions???
33.gif

Iron Chef that sounds WONDERFUL! And same with Jkath too. :chef:

Mmm, sea bugs! :LOL: :-p
LOL! You kill me man! :-p :LOL: :LOL:

Ok... Ok..... here are 3 other ingredients.
Rosemary, Chicken and olives.

You folks were amazing with the other recipes and I actually tried some of the ideas too. I feel this keeps my brain sharp and helps me to be more creative too.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Iron Chef that sounds WONDERFUL! And same with Jkath too. :chef:

LOL! You kill me man! :-p :LOL: :LOL:

Ok... Ok..... here are 3 other ingredients.
Rosemary, Chicken and olives.

You folks were amazing with the other recipes and I actually tried some of the ideas too. I feel this keeps my brain sharp and helps me to be more creative too.

Rosemary, Chicken, and Olives eh? I'll take a stab at that...

Garlic and Herb Pan Roasted Free-Range Chicken with Nicoise Olive and Caper Jus

Pan Seared Roulade of Chicken with Goat Cheese, Anchovy, Pinenuts, Gaeta Olives, with a Rosemary-Merlot Reduction

Braised "Whole" Free-Range Chicken with Spanish Olives, Plum Tomatoes, and Fresh Herbs

Grilled Rosemary-Garlic Marinated Chicken Breast with a Nicoise Olive Butter Sauce and Fricasse of Tomato and Fennel

Rosemary, Chicken, and Olives eh? I'll take a stab at that...

Garlic and Herb Pan Roasted Free-Range Chicken with Nicoise Olive and Caper Jus

Pan Seared Roulade of Chicken with Goat Cheese, Anchovy, Pinenuts, Gaeta Olives, with a Rosemary-Merlot Reduction

Braised "Whole" Free-Range Chicken with Spanish Olives, Plum Tomatoes, and Fresh Herbs

Grilled Rosemary-Garlic Marinated Chicken Breast with a Nicoise Olive Butter Sauce and Fricasse of Tomato and Fennel

Wow...... Iron Chef this is too easy for you! :LOL:

jkath said:
how about jazzing these up?

ham butt
onions
rice

smoke that butt
carmelize those onions

shred cooked meat and add it and onions to cooked rice. Or stir fry rice in ham fat with some scallions and pineapple chunks.

eggs, chicken & red onion...

1. Dredge the chicken breasts in egg & flour & pepper, then sautee onions in evoo w/garlic oil. Fry up those babies!

2. Marinate chicken/onions in balsamic w/fresh basil, then add to your eggy omelette

3. Hard boil egg, then slice up & add to grilled chicken breast and fresh sliced red onion on top of spinach salad with my special dressing (I posted it some time ago, so here it is again)
and add sliced strawberries and chunks of boursin cheese.

My special dressing:
Microwave 1/2 c. sugar with 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar till boiling. Add 1 c. veg. oil, & pepper to taste.

Shake each time you use it. (It is imperitave that you boil the first items, or you'll get a granular dressing)

I was going to mention an omelette too, jkath. Spice up the chicken a bit, sautee the red onion with some peppers and add some monterey jack, kind of a Southwest Omelette thing?

Thanks!
I'm so glad you dredged up this thread!

I was just thinking about this one today. It reminds me of the show they used to have on foodtv with Cissy Biggers called "Ready, Set... Cook!" Anyone remember that? Each contestant would buy 5 food items that don't normally go together, and they'd each be assigned a pro chef. In 30 minutes, they'd have to work with the chef to prepare a dish using all ingredients and then the audience would taste it and vote.

Okay, lets play your game again!

chocolate
apple
lime

there's a weird combo...who can make something out of this trio?

jkath said:
Thanks!
I'm so glad you dredged up this thread!

I was just thinking about this one today. It reminds me of the show they used to have on foodtv with Cissy Biggers called "Ready, Set... Cook!" Anyone remember that? Each contestant would buy 5 food items that don't normally go together, and they'd each be assigned a pro chef. In 30 minutes, they'd have to work with the chef to prepare a dish using all ingredients and then the audience would taste it and vote.

Okay, lets play your game again!

chocolate
apple
lime

there's a weird combo...who can make something out of this trio?

Anybody feel like Mexican?

Ancho and Pasilla Chili Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a Chocolate Mole Sauce and Lime-Mint-Apple-Jicama Relish.

WoW!!!
I am so impressed!
I never would have thought of that but I certainly would gobble that one down!

Okay, ironchef, your turn.

poach the eggs, add LOTS of garlic to the beans, plus white pepper, and serve beans alongside eggs. buttered toast on the side.
easy and TNT.

Back
Top Bottom