How much of a picky eater are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7 here, but that is because I don't eat bread, pasta, or rice (assumed white rice). I do eat wild rice and cargo rice. My kidney eating days are long past. I have never tried marmite. I probably would try it. Bananas I only eat in Banana bread. Not on the list that I won't eat are smoked eel and lutefisk.

My Jewish neighbor downstairs lost her father. In accordance with their customs, I went downstairs to see them and give my condolences. As is their custom, they offered me food. They asked me if I had ever had Gefilta fish. No I had not, so they gave me a tiny piece. Not even big enough to call it a bite. I now know I will never find that food on my plate either. I have the feeling it would be similar to your lutefisk.

"You don't eat 37 out of 87 things on this list!
You are the pickiest of ALL the picky eaters. So much so that people are often giving you **** about it. But that's because they just don't understand. What they call picky, you just call having high standards! Eat what you want, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it."

Like I already didn't know this.:LOL:

Last edited:
"You don't eat 37 out of 87 things on this list!
You are the pickiest of ALL the picky eaters. So much so that people are often giving you **** about it. But that's because they just don't understand. What they call picky, you just call having high standards! Eat what you want, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it."

Like I already didn't know this.:LOL:

That was an interesting thing to put in an assessment. Having high standards has nothing to do with what you will or will not eat.:ermm:

I did as a kid. Living in an Italian neighborhood, I was exposed to a lot of greens in their soups. My daughter still cooks Italian since she married into an Italian family. So I still occasionally eat her soups. And she certainly uses collard greens. To just eat those "soup" greens, as a veggie on my plate, I find that most of them are bitter. Italians for some strange reason love bitter foods. Maybe they do it as a punishment for past sins of their ancestors.

I cook them for Christmas. About a week before Christmas, I get them, look them & wash them good, then put them in a small garbage bag, get all the extra air out, tie the bag tightly, and put them in the freezer. Freezing them makes them not nearly as bitter - just in case a good frost hasn't hit before they were picked. Christmas morning, I heat up my ham juice (I cook a ham when my DD and her family come up close to Christmas) and cook the collards in it, along with some small red potatoes and I put some splenda in them.

Back
Top Bottom