"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 08-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #21
Master Chef
What a generous thing to do, middie!

I can relate--I have naturally curly hair too and if I let it go too short I look like I'm wearing a clown wig!

But I'm sure you look great. Be sure to post a pic! Give it some time and you'll get used to it. You just made a big change!

-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
More kudos here, middie. Don't feel naked - feel good about doing a good thing. It's too hot out lately for long hair anyway.

Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #23
Master Chef
Thats wonderful Middie! Your a wonderful person for doing something so caring as this. We'd sure like to see the new you.

I've wanted to donate mine but I don't think they'll accept mine since its been highlighted.

I've got about 2 more inches to go and it'll be down to my rear end. I haven't let it grow this long in a long time. I go through spurts and cut it all off so I know how you feel about feeling naked. What I hate is when its growing back out and it gets to that point at the shoulder area and its not long enough to fall on your back.......especially when you have to wear a coat.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #24
Executive Chef
I am growing mine out.......gettin ready for the Hippy Fest 2007. Ok......if you don't like it within 30 days grow it back out. I usually takes that long to get used to something new.
You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
Bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #25
Senior Cook
Take Pic's!!!!!!
You will KNOW the Pic you take, brought "PURE JOY" to the person you helped, They DON'T have to take a PIC with "a WIG Hair" anymore! (everytime you look at it, know this)

My BESTEST Friend had to loose her's in order to SAVE her life..... (kemotherapy).....
Look in the Mirror.....ask yourself....how bad does this look?...I just gave somebody "real" hair, and mine will grow back, healthy, happy, and spilt ends!!!!

God thanks you! and "NO AMOUNT of MONEY" can tell you how GREAT YOUR HAIR FEELS and LOOKS on MY BESTEST FRIEND

Thank You Middie......Thank You.
#1 Rule for Dieting.....If it "Tastes Good"...Spit-it-OUT!!
TexasTamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #26
Senior Cook
My sister was one of the recipients of the wigs made with donated hair. From the bottom of my heart...Thank you!
bjcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #27
Executive Chef
That was a great thing to do middie!Iv'e done it 3 times already as my hair grows really fast.The last time the girl cut my hair way shorter than I wanted I hated it but it grows out and actually it feels good when it's real short.Now all you hafto do is a quick shampoo and your done.
As for feeling naked think how naked the person with no hair feels.
Your just in shock right now, it will pass.
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #28
Sous Chef
I think you are a wonderful person and beautiful for doing what you did!
Besides it's been so hot lately, it probably feels good!
I've got curls too so I know what you are going through. I use a product called sliquid by Sorbie to control mine.
Fresh Cooking From Your Garden
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Middie - you will LOVE your hair in no time. Use a curling shampoo and conditioner and a curling mousse and let it dry naturally - you will love it!!!! I gave up on the straightening and drying and crying LOL. You did a wonderful thing. A friend and her daughter donate their hair about every two years. You have made someone very happy middie.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I've wanted to donate mine but I don't think they'll accept mine since its been highlighted.

Sizz mine had all kinds of colors from dye to highlights going through mine and they took it without any problem.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. You're making me feel better about myself now !

middie is offline   Reply With Quote