"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #371
Master Chef

Thank you expat.... it is already going away. Just needed to do a few shots of tequila and I'm feeling better already! JOKING!!!! Nah, it really is going away. Just early morning fog or something.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #372
Master Chef

ok, glad to hear that you're feeling better, Sattie............I don't get many but when I do........you just don't feel good. do you? It's hard to be nice when your head aches.........yep, tequila will make you forget about it...........jest kidding too

Old 11-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #373
Executive Chef

I know today is going to be full.
I know the things I have to do.
I know it feels good to be home.
I know I'm making QG's lefse recipe today. I know it'll be good due to the yummy ingreds.
I know I loved eating my granola today, I know it's almost gone, I know I can't wait to make the other batches from recipes posted for me, thank you.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #374
Executive Chef

I know I'm just finding out expat has returned home, as I know I don't come here much (this thread)
Welcome home!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #375
Master Chef

thanks, quicksilver........everyone has been so nice.......I am so happy to be home.......
Old 11-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #376
Executive Chef

Nothing like the U.S. of A.! Especially for the holidays.
I don't know what you do, that you're out of the country, but I know I'm glad to read your posts. And that you can stay with us.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #377
Master Chef

thanks, Quicksilver..........I'm just an expatgirl living in an expat world (just sing it with the Madonna lyrics).............I follow my hubbie around...........and keep him company..........and put up with tons of inconveniences along the way...but I really do love this life........I love telling people that I'm from KZ........the look on their faces are priceless......they literally want to ask you where the h....... that is but they don't want to appear ignorant.......some are quite honest...where the h......is that???? I sure didn't know when I found out we were coming here...............and it's such a HUGE country and rich in history, culture, resources, and wonderful people............geography was NEVER my best subject..........still isn't.........neither is learning foreign languages.....too old and too good at using sign language..............what is it about my face........I must look Ukrainian.....sorry Dave and Charlie........was told that I did..............I'm always stopped in the middle of the streets and asked questions.........wished that I could concentrate and learn the lingo........now there is a concerted movement for the locals to learn Kazahk which is infinitely more difficult than Russian........nyet.......not happening in my lifetime.............I was never more proud of the US ambassador 2 years ago than at the opening inauguration of the new US Embassy when Ambassador John Ordway addressed the Kazakhs both in Russian and flawless Kazakh.............they were impressed.......I was crying along with his wife, MaryJo.........she said that he had practiced so hard to get it just right................
Old 11-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #378
Certified Cake Maniac

I know that for some unknown reason I am in a grumpy mood today.
I know that DH always takes the brunt of it and doesn't deserve it.
I know that he made a nice fire in the fireplace so I can go ice my leg and crochet
I know I should go do that before the ice bag melts and the fire goes out
I know I need to PM some people later today.
I know that just writing this down I am feeling a little less grumpy.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #379
Master Chef

writing is therapeutic...........glad that you are feeling better........:)
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #380
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I know that I am missing my husband very very much and that while I love Mexico and think of it as home.. HOME IS where he is and he's not here... I'm ready to go back to seattle!!! I know I will freeze my butt off when I get there but his hugs will keep me warm.